Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 1:58 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Club related fraud charges
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:30 am 
Nanomite enhanced

I got nailed yesterday. I had gotten an updated card with a new expiration date and security code, but I guess my credit card company still allowed a charge with the old expiration date and security code, possibly because that card technically had not expired. I would have thought it would disable the old card once I activated the new card, but maybe not. At least, I hope that is the explanation ... :shifty:

$174.89 to Dell Sales & Service

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:03 am 

bithomas wrote:
I got nailed yesterday. I had gotten an updated card with a new expiration date and security code, but I guess my credit card company still allowed a charge with the old expiration date and security code, possibly because that card technically had not expired. I would have thought it would disable the old card once I activated the new card, but maybe not. At least, I hope that is the explanation ... :shifty:

Dude! I'm getting a Dell!

....sorry.

She's gone from suck to blow!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:42 pm 
Nanomite enhanced

stad wrote:
bithomas wrote:

....sorry.

Dude, you should have told me it was you!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:30 am 

bithomas wrote:
stad wrote:
bithomas wrote:

....sorry.

Dude, you should have told me it was you!

LOL!

She's gone from suck to blow!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:09 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

I just got a call from my credit card company about new fraudulent charges. There was upwards of $12,000 in charges made. This is the new reissued card that I got after the club's screw up. I haven't used it on anything other than I bought the SDCC Hasbro stuff with it, and I used it at the convention. I'm pretty well doubting that it's on Hasbro's side. I'm wondering now if the club actually got their leak fixed or if their leak actually is one of their employees. I can't think of any other way the number could have got stolen again unless the card company freely gave out the new number to someone else. I kind of doubt that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:23 pm 

J_Man wrote:
I just got a call from my credit card company about new fraudulent charges. There was upwards of $12,000 in charges made. This is the new reissued card that I got after the club's screw up. I haven't used it on anything other than I bought the SDCC Hasbro stuff with it, and I used it at the convention. I'm pretty well doubting that it's on Hasbro's side. I'm wondering now if the club actually got their leak fixed or if their leak actually is one of their employees. I can't think of any other way the number could have got stolen again unless the card company freely gave out the new number to someone else. I kind of doubt that.

Someone could've gotten it from their swipe machines...

eBay Auctions for GI Joe, Star Wars, Transformers, WWE, DC & Marvel figures

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:35 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Yeah I'm not sure. I did figure out another charge with frpgames.com that I did on July 9th. I had forgotten that one, but I did use this card there. I don't know if it would be the club, or this place, but i doubt walmart, tru, and hasbrotoyshop.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:25 pm 

I used my debit card for the new Club online store earlier this week but haven't seen anything unusual come through. They did fully process my payment and it showed up as the right amount.

J-Man I'd be extremely disappointed and surprised if it was the Club again. Not saying it is or isn't but I think we need to be sure before we light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks again. Anyway you can find out from that other site you ordered from if they've had any issues like this?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:28 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Yeah that's what I'm going to check into when I get home and get all my information. That's the trouble with being at work and having a credit card company call with information like this. I don't have any statements and they shutdown my account temporarily so I have nothing here to cross check. All I have is what i know off the top of my head and what emails I have for various things.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 1:58 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])