Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:49 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anybody FOUND those Dollar General Joes yet?
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:08 pm 
General Pittance Contributor

Spin Doctor wrote:
That Cobra Commander is much cooler in hand than I thought it would be. Wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but it may become my default CC now.

yeah, totally nice figure I had no intention of buying due to being sick to death of CC

but I got it out of pity... I picked it up out of sympathy for it since its always the last remaining figure of the six at most DGs I've checked. And I ended up liking it. The black/silver Battle Corps look is still slick in 25th format.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:27 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

That's good to hear about CC. I went 'round and around over whether or not to get it. I finally decided to just because I figured I could at least use it for making a Crimson Shadow Guard or something.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:28 pm 
JC Podcaster
JC Podcaster

We hit 2 Dollar General's today. I got lucky with a haul of 2 SS, 2 SE, 2 Dukes, 2 Shippy's, 1 CC, and 2 Cobra Soldiers. Wild to say that CC was the hardest of the bunch to find here. I did get lucky, sort of, at the last one. The peg had them priced as $3.50, and they actually honored the price.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:36 pm 

I bought a Stormy off ebay for $14 because I'm annoyed I haven't found one yet and I'm impatient. Yes I am THAT crazy for this 30th SS repaint. hahah

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:44 pm 
I'd buy that for a dollar!
I'd buy that for a dollar!

After 7 to 8 DG's, I finally completed a set. The odd thing was that I couldn't find a Cobra Officer to save my life. Every store had none or a few remaining figures but no Officer. The last store I went to had one lonely Officer and none of the others. It was almost like they got split up amongst the stores here.

I have to admit, I was cursing the individual that snagged all of the other Officers. That Duke is probably my favorite figure from the set.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:10 pm 

night force cynic wrote:
I bought a Stormy off ebay for $14 because I'm annoyed I haven't found one yet and I'm impatient. Yes I am THAT crazy for this 30th SS repaint. hahah

That's what I did. Great fun figure to play with.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:17 pm 

I want the T'Gin-Zu repaint variant now too. Hope it gets released sometime.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:26 pm 

Man, I've been to DG more in the past few weeks than I've been there my whole life!

But I finally found the full set at lunch today. These are GREAT figures, very fun and high quality compared to what they're displayed next to. I'd like to see this kind of line continue. They could roll out more obscure characters/versions using existing parts and I'd buy every one of 'em!

Great looking, affordable Joes--who would have guessed? Thanks Hasbro! (Gotta give credit where credit's due!)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:28 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

Yeah, I could see this being a nice little niche market for Hasbro. Plus, Dollar General is trying to leverage itself as more competitive against Wal-Mart and Target, so offering more branded product (even in the toy aisle) would help them there, too.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:31 pm 

I've checked probably six Dollar Generals in western PA. Not a single figure in any one of them.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:05 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

I went to 5 more today in addition to the 4 I have been too. There's still like 8 more in the area. Those 5 today didn't have them, and say they do not even recall seeing them. So far only 1 store has had them. Oh and it's Thursday and all these stores had just got their shipment today. Last week when I found the figures it was a Thursday. I didn't ask but it's pretty much to be assumed they get their shipments on Thursday.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:22 pm 
Mr. Patience

I found 4 complete sets and was happy with that.
This morning one of the stores I went to last week ordered more because I showed so much intrest. They got in two more boxes today and gave me a call to tell me they set one aside for me.
One went to another collector and I cherry picked the second box and left behind the CC and SE.

I love this set of figures.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:04 pm 

The DG closest to my house looked to be going through a reset. They had one Duke on the peg. So either someone got there before me, or that's all they got. I really want that SE and SS.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:45 pm 

Found one Duke and one CC just now on a random quick trip to town. Some kid in a little league jersey came up to me and said "excuse me, where did you find those?" and I told him they were just laying on the bottom of the shelf, and he said oh, and walked away. I went to the next aisle, deciding if I wanted just Duke or both of them. I heard his mom come up to him in the toy aisle and asked him about them. He said they were all gone. So, we went over to him and asked which one he wanted and he said Duke. His mom told us he had to do all of the chores around the house to get the six dollars. He was so incredibly happy, it reminded me of me when I was that age and in Kmart with the racks of Joes. I put the CC back. That was way, way better than getting the toy for myself.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:02 pm 

ajaman wrote:
Found one Duke and one CC just now on a random quick trip to town. Some kid in a little league jersey came up to me and said "excuse me, where did you find those?" and I told him they were just laying on the bottom of the shelf, and he said oh, and walked away. I went to the next aisle, deciding if I wanted just Duke or both of them. I heard his mom come up to him in the toy aisle and asked him about them. He said they were all gone. So, we went over to him and asked which one he wanted and he said Duke. His mom told us he had to do all of the chores around the house to get the six dollars. He was so incredibly happy, it reminded me of me when I was that age and in Kmart with the racks of Joes. I put the CC back. That was way, way better than getting the toy for myself.

That is awesome!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:49 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])