Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:49 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anybody FOUND those Dollar General Joes yet?
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:05 pm 
General Pittance Contributor
General Pittance Contributor

Luckily I found Snakes, Cobra Troop, CC, and Shippy. Glad I bought the $14 Storm Shadow off ebay when I did, the secondary market on these might be nuts if this is true.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:12 pm 

bithomas wrote:
If that is true, that doesn't bode well for seeing the alternate wave. I wonder why these would be recalled?

Maybe to somehow fill out Wal-Mart and Target's now-possibly empty shelf space? I mean, if "Retaliation" is being sent back, shunting over the DG stuff would make the most sense (kind-of). *hopes*

Man. If those guys are being shipped back that's some crazy stuff. I'm glad I found a set, but I was hoping to eventually pick up another Trooper and maybe the repaints. Those DG Joes had more more excited for a GIJOE toy than I'd been in years. Guess I'm going out hunting again.

~Marduk

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:00 pm 

Rescuer wrote:
Update: After speaking with the manager further, she said that not only were they not supposed to sell them, but there was a recall to send them back.

That really doesn't make any sense. :-/
Could it be that the singles o-ring ones are getting recalled? or the hero versions?

Rescuer wrote:
Since she said the received 2 different types of Joes, I am wondering what the other ones were, if the one set was the single ones already found. Could they have sent the alternate color versions as well?

I still think the alternate color will show up at Family Dollar. They are supposed to get some too I heard.

653569755678-400 is the number they use to look up the figures. All you need is an employee that actually cares.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:30 pm 

The manager confirmed that the one set they could not put out was the same set that I had already gotten one set of from them. She was waiting for the next set to come in and holding it for me. It came in on their truck, Friday, and she received the notice by fax, Saturday morning. She had the set in back for me, but couldn't sell it. She could not tell me what the other stuff was, only that they couldn't put it out and had to send it all back.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:47 pm 

I guess these were to promote the movie too. Yet it makes no sense to for Hasbro to recall them. Can Hasbro legally take these back & resell them to the big box stores? Or did Hasbro make a mistake and send the Retaliation recall memo to Dollar General too?

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:05 pm 

I kind of wondered about the recall, myself. I am hoping to be able to talk to the manager tomorrow to try to clarify if I can. I will post if I get any more info.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:39 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

Well that blows if true.

I got hooked up with the four I really wanted by a fellow boarder and found a full set while waiting for those to show, so now I'm all set. Would have enjoyed snagging some more Troopers/Officers to build out a squad,though.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:17 am 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

I'll still be checking. I got a store right down the road from me that has gotten them the past couple of Fridays. I have a few want lists to fill if they still show up.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:02 am 

Those recalls can't be good for the brand.
Last I checked Hasbro was a toy company, don't they want to have some Joe products available until the movie comes out?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:38 pm 
Snake Staked

Of course, but it will take time to produce anything else at which point it may not matter. It will also mean squat if retailers aren't interested in stocking it and after this fiasco I don't see them jumping on board anytime soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:10 pm 

After checking 15 different stores (some more than once), found Cobra Commander and Shipwreck

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:11 pm 
Strong Fat Tongue

Rescuer wrote:
I kind of wondered about the recall, myself. I am hoping to be able to talk to the manager tomorrow to try to clarify if I can. I will post if I get any more info.

I talked to a manager, and he had nothing come through his fax or his corporate email about this.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:24 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Friend of mine that works higher up than just running a store hadn't heard anything either about these being recalled, returned, or pulled. Not saying it's not true, but it does mean keep checking stores until they do seem to dry up.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:56 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

J_Man wrote:
Friend of mine that works higher up than just running a store hadn't heard anything either about these being recalled, returned, or pulled. Not saying it's not true, but it does mean keep checking stores until they do seem to dry up.

This has me wondering if maybe there aren't some enterprising Dollar General employees looking to capitalize on the secondary market.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:54 pm 

I am led to believe that the report earlier was probably a misunderstanding. Not saying an outright fabrication, but it seems as if experience just isn't bearing it out. I went to my (single, solitary store) Dollar General, and Boom! All the wave except Snake Eyes, whom someone liked enough to buy. Snagged a Cobra Trooper and Grunt, er, I mean Duke, and was on the way. I got rid of every modern Joe I have, but now I have these two cause I couldn't resist. Great figures, just exactly what Joe needs to be: articulated soldiers with guns who look awesome.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:49 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])