Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:21 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Chuck Norris custom head
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:33 pm 
LOVES Mattel

I seem to recall there existing a custom Chuck Norris head cast available.
Does anyone remember who had it, and hopefully still has it?

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Chuck Norris custom head
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:29 am 

http://shop.theangelforge.com/Male-Head-0133-MH00133.htm

Is this the one?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:27 am 
LOVES Mattel

Actually, no. The one I recall had softer features. But this one'll work just as well.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:50 pm 

There is another head that resembles Norris that has not been posted up yet. I don't think it was supposed to be Norris, but it resembled him quite a bit. I also believe there were a few customs that used a modified retail heads. I'm not 100% sure on that, so hopefull others can chime in and get a list going for you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:59 am 

DarkWynter wrote:

Awesome, another caster I did not know about. Some good looking stuff there, I'll have to place an order soon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:26 am 
LOVES Mattel

DarkWynter wrote:
There is another head that resembles Norris that has not been posted up yet. I don't think it was supposed to be Norris, but it resembled him quite a bit. I also believe there were a few customs that used a modified retail heads. I'm not 100% sure on that, so hopefull others can chime in and get a list going for you.

Is there a pic of that other one that hasn't been posted?

Also, I found the one I was thinking of. It's from Broken Arrow Toys, which explains why I couldn't find it, what with the store being offline. A little Google-fu at least helped me find the pic of the head:
http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/ima ... -Chuck.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:37 pm 

Jay wrote:
DarkWynter wrote:

Is there a pic of that other one that hasn't been posted?

Also, I found the one I was thinking of. It's from Broken Arrow Toys, which explains why I couldn't find it, what with the store being offline. A little Google-fu at least helped me find the pic of the head:
http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/ima ... -Chuck.jpg

Yep, that's the other one I was thinking about (sorry about not getting a pic for you sooner, I still have to pull out my painted sample). We have the original now (we purchased hundreds of the original sculpts from GTG,Tri-Gate, Slayer owner...as well as lots more from independant artists...and new commisioned pieces), and will be listing all of it once we catalog it all for production. I like both pieces, but used the older one for a Rock-n-roll custom, so thats stuck in my head.

I don't have a date to let you know when it will be listed for sale (There is a lot of prep work to make sure stock is accurate and everything is set up correctly before any item can be listed). I do have these molded and am running them for prep. If you need a copy fast for a custom, pm me and I can get you one now. I personally think MH#133 captures him better in a side by side comparison. Also, I do think there was a retail head that was not to far off.......possibly even a re-duce it version as well. I vaguely recall someone had shrunk down a large scale sculpt.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:48 pm 
LOVES Mattel

DarkWynter wrote:
Yep, that's the other one I was thinking about

Oh, well this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence. :-)

Quote:
I don't have a date to let you know when it will be listed for sale (There is a lot of prep work to make sure stock is accurate and everything is set up correctly before any item can be listed). I do have these molded and am running them for prep. If you need a copy fast for a custom, pm me and I can get you one now.

Wow, thanks for the very kind offer, but I'm in no rush. I don't even have a proper body found for the project yet.

Quote:
I personally think MH#133 captures him better in a side by side comparison. Also, I do think there was a retail head that was not to far off.......possibly even a re-duce it version as well. I vaguely recall someone had shrunk down a large scale sculpt.

I mean no disrespect to the sculptor of the piece, but while it's a fantastically accurate rendition of Chuck Norris's features, the facial expression ends up looking more sad than steely-eyed.
Unless that's an issue with lighting on the image making him look like that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:21 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])