Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:25 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: NECA Rocky
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:12 am 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

I've been checking these out ever since NECA announced them. They just looked fun. I have picked up a couple of the Jakks figures before, but I knew these would replace them! Today I saw them at Toys R Us. This will be pic heavy...

They only had Ivan Drago and Rocky. Also were the "bloody" versions, but I passed on those. The back of the card shows Clubber Lang as well in this set but he wasn't there.

First up I'll talk about Rocky:

This is a great likeness to Sylvester Stallone. The figure it's self even seems to have his stance and the way he holds himself. They did great here. Articulation is a lot of rotate swivel type joints. Sort of like ball joints, pretty much like Marvel figures. The neck, shoulders, elbows, knees, ankles, and chest. The hip joints are basically like the pre-movie Marvel figures where the post is mount upwards. I'm not crazy about this style of hip articulation but it beats the heck out of everything else NECA has done. Odd looking pictures I know, but this shows as best as you can see the hip joint. The trunks are rubber and cover over it.

Here's a few "action shots":

Next up is Drago. Everything is about the same as Rocky. Joints and all. Likeness is pretty good as well. The one thing that's neat is they did make sure he was taller. That was an issue with Jakks. They pretty much used all the same bodies. These are made to the character is is suppose to be. The detailing down to the skin is really great.

What about He-Man?

So yeah he would make a neat movie He-Man to customize, but he'd be small next to the new MOTUC figures. He's got lots of height, but twig looking arms next to He-Man's steroid look. But it would be movie accurate not to bulk Lundgren up though. I don't know if he was much bigger than this when he did the movie. Maybe a little. He does wear the MOTUC stuff fairly well.

So there you have it. I'd have to say if you liked Rocky, these are well worth buying. I paid $14.99 for them at TRU. A little much, but that's the price of NECA's stuff these days. They'd do great if they were $9.99 or even $12.99 but it'll be interesting to see how they sell. In short, if you have the extra cash, go ahead and jump on these!

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: NECA Rocky
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:24 am 

Didn't know NECA knew how to make articulation.

And I've never cared to see a Sly Stallone upskirt.

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am 

I don't like the abdomen articulation. Looks weird to me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:38 am 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Yeah I knew it would be a creepy shot, but it's something I would want to see for a decent idea on the hip joint, hehe. Figured I may as well get those in there too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:14 pm 
Plug
Plug

I would have never thought to use it for a He-Man movie accurate custom. That is funny and I bet we see someone do it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:31 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Since the shorts are rubber, they can cut right off. The glove hands pop right off too. The boots can be sculpted right over and hair can be added. The rest would just be building up the parts and he'd be ready to go!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:56 pm 
Plug
Plug

pluv wrote:
I would have never thought to use it for a He-Man movie accurate custom. That is funny and I bet we see someone do it.

Ha, custom courtesy of PakRatStudios on the Fwoosh.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kSNLrjBb9go/U ... G_7796.JPG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:21 pm 
DarkJedi'd

I wish someone would shrink down the Drago head. I have a use for it.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:24 am 

Any chance of a side by side shot of the Necca and Jakks Ivan heads and a moutc character? Preferably Icarius/Flipshot. Have an idea to make a Hydron 'unmasked' head following the 4hm Val Kilmmer military/pilot style head they did for Flipshot. But trying to see which would work best in terms of style and aesthetic. Many thanks for any help. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:25 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])