Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:40 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: GIJOE Archer?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:25 pm 
Rooty tooty point & shooty

Brian has mentioned in previous Club round tables that the there are some different materials in steel tools and that it does indeed break down more quickly than other forms of tooling. But, I'm not sure if that refers to the Club specifically, or if tooling in general these days is different material than it used to be.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:13 pm 

joemichaels70 wrote:
Pyre wrote:
If you don't want to believe me, that's your choice, however it doesn't give you justification to attack me. The information I present here is common knowledge on other boards I've been a part of. Honestly, it confuses me how none of you don't know any of this stuff yourself since I know a good many of you have been around just as long as I have and frankly, it's rather sad that people here can be as hostile towards not only Hasbro and anyone affiliated with them but anyone who doesn't hold the same viewpoint of them as you.

One thing I might recommend is to footnote (and link) your sources. Many people (including myself) don't have the time to do the necessary research, plus, it's courteous to provide such links.

If you don't have the time or inclination to provide documentation, you can't be offended when people take your information as opinion, hearsay, or 'friend of a friend said...'

Just sayin'

Good advice for the win.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:59 am 
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN

I imagine Hasbro is still using steel tools. For the production runs they do you need them. For Club exclusives, heads and the like? I could see them going with cheaper steel or aluminum. The friction from the injection wears detail down faster with those materials, but you won't see it with a run of a thousand pieces or less, and it's a lot cheaper to produce. Aluminum machines a hell of a lot easier than steel does.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm 

http://yourtoynation.com/2013/01/19/unp ... or-360-99/

It just sold for a ton on ebay.

I really hope with the announcement of the new JP movie some of these figures can see the light of day in a line connected to that movie.

Loads of great info in this thread, but I too would appreciate some linked sources.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:36 pm 
LOVES Mattel

I do wonder if they'll start steadily pouring out in larger numbers like the previous JP figure....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:46 pm 
Snake Staked

It's hard to link to a report or conversation from many years ago and if I had a source readily available I would point to it. A lot of the information I put forth is gathered from various sources and reports over the years (some of which include the Q&As they used to do) which doesn't help either. It's not like I regularly record where, when and from whom I hear any sort of new information either. I tried searching with Google to try and find SOMETHING that backed up my statement in this case but couldn't. So I just said "screw it" and e-mailed the club myself. Here's Brian's response:
Quote:
I wrote:
For a long time we've known that any exclusive tooling produced for Club/Convention exclusives belonged to Hasbro and could be used by them if they so wished. A long time ago the fandom also learned that the tooling for the exclusive parts (heads and whatnot) used in those exclusives was made using a different material that was less resilient to wear and thus didn't last very long compared to "normal" tooling used by Hasbro/Takara. Is that still the case or have things changed? Any insight you can give me on this subject would be great. Thanks!
Yes. Tools are made of different materials.

Brian

So there you go. This is the best I can do at the moment. Logical reasoning leans toward this anyway, but knowing the general viewpoint that people here have of the club, I suppose it's not surprising that any information of this sort may have been ignored or just not disseminated very well amongst the fandom like it has on the TF side of things. Toolings for these figures aren't small. They take up space and it costs money to store them. Does anyone really think the club is going to put out the money to store these toolings for something they may only use once or twice ever? By using a cheaper material, not only do they save money on the creation of the tooling, but they also don't have to worry about storage costs since that tooling doesn't last as long and can be discarded and recycled when exhausted. This also has the benefit of ensuring that those pieces are limited so as not to be used repeatedly on other figures thus negating their exclusiveness.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:40 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])