Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:16 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: I would like to propose a hand gun ban.
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:55 am 

No not really a ban, but could we put some regulations on GI Joe hand guns. Maybe limit it to only producing 10 or 20 unique hand guns for the line.

I have been buying weapon lots and lose figure lots and matching up to complete 25th Joes. And my major complaint is they have half a dozen different but almost identical guns in each style some more then that. It makes it really almost guess work when trying to compare a little pistol with a small picture of that pistol (or one very similar) on YoJoe.

Yes I am all about variety in the weapons but do we really need all these near identical pistols. That does not seem like variety, just annoying when trying to match weapons. LOL

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: I would like to propose a hand gun ban.
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:59 am 

Seriously, this is the reason I stopped selling most figures as complete, and just selling them as "comes with what is seen in the picture." I may be lazy (I'm DEFINITELY lazy), but it's worth losing an extra dollar or two to not have to dig through mountains of accessories to match tiny gun #7265 to a figure (...only to get an irate email a week later, "YOU SENT THE WRONG GUN! I HOPE YOU DIE OF STOMACH CANCER IN A COUNTRY WITHOUT MORPHINE!").

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 am 
DarkJedi'd

I've always operated under the belief that all the original thirteen JOEs used Colt 1911s. All their file cards mentioned them all being proficient with that gun.

I'd like to think a team as big as the JOEs would have a common hand gun, for ease of bulk orders and in case a buddy needs another magazine.

Some of the JOEs would need something in a 9mm, possibly silenced.

Good thing we have yojoe and the various reference books to help us match things up.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:08 am 

yeah I do not list as complete, even if I know they have all the right guns because I am afraid that my idea of complete is different then others idea.

Personally I think all weapons make the figure complete, but I can see how some may think that a figure needs a battle stand to be truly complete. And while I would say complete w/filecard if I had the file card as well, It would not surprise me if a small percent of people out there do not consider a figure complete unless he has his FC so I dont even bother with listing as complete.

I do try to match up weapons if I can and then I list the complete ones, if I get another batch of weapons in then I match the pile again, but if I run out of complete items to list then I start listing the ones that are short an item here or there and just keep working my way down the line.

I do not enjoy weapon matching but I like it better then picture taking and better then making listings so it allows me to procrastinate. LOL

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:10 am 

Yeah I hope that, the advertising (and what ever other revenue they have) is plenty profitable because if they were to get tired of the upkeep I would be very lost.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:23 am 

Darko wrote:
"YOU SENT THE WRONG GUN! I HOPE YOU DIE OF STOMACH CANCER IN A COUNTRY WITHOUT MORPHINE!").

THAT WAS ME!
no but seriously this is why i have always disliked figures to come with more than that figure can actually carry.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:10 am 
Plug
Plug

Most of my modern figures are bagged with all of their weapons because I couldn't keep track. Especially when a figure has a holster or sheath, but no pistol or knife for them. I'm ashamed of how long I actually looked for a knife for a figure thinking I lost it only to realize it never came with one.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:05 pm 

all of my figures are bagged with what ever weapons I have for them. My ones that came directly out of the pack are complete the rest have what ever weapons I knew were theirs. And then I have a box of probably about 10 pounds of weapons that one day, will be gone through to complete more vintage figures.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:19 pm 

Hear Hear! I demand a vote.

and someone to come figure out where these hand guns all go!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:21 pm 
RPG Spin Master
RPG Spin Master

You'll get my handguns when you pry them from the irritating little plastic rubber bands that hold them in my figures' cold, dead, packaging deformed hands.

- R

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:27 pm 

Non pistol, but weapons related.....I've been having issues with the new bullpup style rifles. I have resorted to cutting the clip off several to get a figure to be able to hold it.

And If I had a dollar for every random pistol I have in my weapons bin, I could get that FSS 2.0 no problem.

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:16 pm 

pluv wrote:
Most of my modern figures are bagged with all of their weapons because I couldn't keep track. Especially when a figure has a holster or sheath, but no pistol or knife for them. I'm ashamed of how long I actually looked for a knife for a figure thinking I lost it only to realize it never came with one.

it drives me out of my effing mind when they have a holster or sheath that doesnt have a weapon.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:35 pm 

newwavepop wrote:
pluv wrote:

it drives me out of my effing mind when they have a holster or sheath that doesnt have a weapon.

Me too. I wind up using spare knives and pistols that fit to fill in the empty slots. Problem is, many of the holsters and sheaths only fit one or two items really well. About a year ago, I purchased a small arsenal of casted pistols, silencers, and knives so I could save the aggravation of having open holsters - specifically on those DG figures..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:16 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])