Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 4:33 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Hasbro Fails to Capitalize on Another Success? (DDP in S
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:29 pm 
LOVES Mattel

Which ones, the green-carded ones that had accessories, or the straight reissues with no accessories?

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:35 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Several of my local DGs still have the JvC figs. Picked up another TeleViper not six months ago.

Yeah, right up until last July or so, when wave one of the new DG exclusives started hitting, we had those single card VvV Joes at my DGs, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:29 pm 

I totally agree with the basic original point - the DG figs seemed popular with Joe fans, they sold well, DG wants more...but Hasbro isn't interested. That does suck.

How many people on this board alone have lamented not being able to army build the black Cobra trooper? Doesn't even have to be DG - make that guy an army builder 6 pack like they did with Cobra Night Watch / TRU, and I have to think people would eat it up (maybe as a TRU exclusive, or internet exclusive, I dunno).

POC kind of felt the same way to me - seemed to be a hit with fans but Hasbro never came back to it. But maybe it didn't sell well, I don't really know.

But they definitely get it right sometimes - re-tooling and re-releasing the Skystriker and Tomahawk should be no-brainer home runs. If those don't sell well, I couldn't blame Hasbro for being confused and frustrated.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:44 am 

POC was replaced by the movie line. The reason there seemed to be a huge gap between them was because of the postponement of the movie in 2012. I was severely disappointed in that I would have been coming home and the movie would have been in theaters.

Also, I would love to be able to get more of those 30th Anniversary Blue Shirts. I only have three, and I only have two of the Black Shirts, but I'd like to be able to get more for displays and such.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 4:33 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])