Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 4:47 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official SDCC 2013 Product Reveal & Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:42 pm 

How depressing: I really look forward to the toy reveals at SDCC, but this year, there's barely anything that I'm even mildly excited about. No new Joe stuff (not unexpected, but still a bummer), the absolute bare minimum of Star Wars stuff in 1:18 (what they did show is pretty uninspiring, and I've got zero interest in the 6" figures), and a bunch of lines that I can't muster up any enthusiasm about. When a Masters of the Universe figure based on another Masters of the Universe figure from 25 years ago that I didn't even own as a kid is the most interesting thing I saw, that's a bad sign. On the plus side, I've saved a ton of time and effort not having to regularly drive around to Targets and Toys-R-Us-es over the last six months or so, and I guess I can keep doing so for the foreseeable future.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:07 am 

Does anyone know the date when the Hasbro Toy Show will be selling the leftover SDCC figures?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:11 am 

Morgardee wrote:
Does anyone know the date when the Hasbro Toy Show will be selling the leftover SDCC figures?

Lol

"i love you, Lance Sputnik." (Joemichales70)

:lacespudneck: :mindbender:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:52 am 

Morgardee wrote:

I think you need to check the site hourly starting Monday morning, otherwise you will probably miss out.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:28 pm 

Morgardee wrote:

Febtember 51st. They'll be shipping them via pegasus.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:39 pm 

The past few years if I recall correctly they went on sale on the following Wednesday. Two years ago they went live at 11:50 am EST. I know because that was how I scored my SDCC Starscream. Last year I was missed the Destro / Hiss tank set but got the Jinx sets. I had to pick up the Destro / Hiss Tank at TF con in Ontario but it wasn't horribly inflated.

One of the big problems last year was the shopping cart system. Once you put something init it didn't stay. I had to split my orders for Zaranas and Starscream before and pay $25 shipping for each order to Canada but it still beat Ebay prices.

I swear in the past someone had posted on the boards the day it was going live, it was the time that was the unknown.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:43 pm 
Plug
Plug

Yeah, the past two years it has been on a Wednesday, but that doesn't really mean anything, especially when the time isn't known either.

With that said, guess where I'm going to be from 11:30am-1:30pm on Wednesday. Hitting my F5 button like a fiend, that's where.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:50 pm 

Darko wrote:
Morgardee wrote:

Febtember 51st. They'll be shipping them via pegasus.

Okay, THAT was funny... :rotfl:

I've heard that Mattel was going to announce two new DC-related lines. Anybody have any idea what they might have been?

Never mind, I found out...

They will be launching 4" articulated DC Multiverse figures. It will have figures from movies, comics and games. They will have 3 waves and the figures will have 14 points of articulation.

Batman, Azrael, Mr. Freeze from Arkham City coming. There will be a Batman Armored Edition from the Arkham City WiiU game. It will have electrified gauntlets.

Bane and Deadshot are coming from Arkham Origins.

More reveals coming at NYCC.

Michael Keaton Batman will make its way to this line as well.

There will be a new 6" line called Total Heroes by the Four Horsemen and have 14 points of articulation. There will be 10 figures released in 2014 for $9.99. The first 6 they revealed Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern and Sinestro. They will have Soft capes and accessories.

They will also release some figures in the Total Heroes line through Matty Collector only including Black Manta which will cost $20. He will have multiple heads and hands and accessories.

Fan Choice - Reverse Flash, Batman Beyond, Blue Beetle or a customizable hero builder. The people here at the panel will vote and that will determine which of these figures will be made.

It's that "14 points of articulation" that annoys me. That's a significant scale-back in the 6" size. NOT a good trend. Guess I'll be sticking with the Signature Series. Hope it gets renewed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:08 pm 

I email them last night and just got the following response:

Quote:
Hello,

Unfortunately we cannot give you a precise day or time that the items will be scheduled to go live as there are several factors that come into play – leftover stock needs to be inventoried at the close of the convention, loaded onto trailers and shipped to our warehouse where it needs to be received, recounted and examined for damages and put into stock. At that point it will be available for sale. We ask that you check back on the site frequently following the close of the convention for the best opportunity to purchase. We have no specific information regarding these items, including where on our site they will be located.

Please refer to the following to assist you with your attempt to purchase Comic Con items when they become available:

An item being placed in a customer’s cart does not reserve the item(s) for that customer. The item is not reserved for that customer until the order has been completely placed and the customer receives an order number. An item can sell out while you are attempting to finalize your order. Should that happen you will be required to remove the sold out item from your cart before you can proceed with the rest of your order.

All items available for purchase on HasbroToyShop.com have strict cart limits. These limits vary by item, but are strictly enforced. Placing multiple orders in an attempt to obtain higher than the allotted quantity will not result in the customer receiving more than the allowed cart limit. All orders going over the limit will be canceled. These limits are per person and per household. We apologize if these limits are unsatisfactory to our customers, but they are in place so that we can allow as many consumers as possible to obtain the items they desire.

On the day the Comic Con items become available there will be extremely high traffic on HasbroToyShop.com. Unfortunately this high volume of traffic can cause slowness with our website. Please be advised that opening additional browser windows will not better your chances of receiving these items, and may in fact impede your progress with placing an order.

Once these items are sold out on HasbroToyShop.com on the initial release date, the only recommendation we can give in regards to obtaining the items is that you continue to check the site in the weeks following the convention, as minimal quantities may become available due to order cancellations. As with the initial sale of these items, we will not be able to provide you a specific date or time that this may happen. Once the picture of these items is removed from our site the item is completely sold out and will never be available for purchase through HasbroToyShop.com again.

HasbroToyShop.com customer service is unable to put our consumers on any type of waiting list for these items, regardless of the reason you were unable to make your purchase. If you are unable to obtain your desired items on the initial day of sale you will need to check the site periodically to see if the item you desire is back in stock.

Additionally, the customer service department at HasbroToyShop.com does experience the same issues within our purchasing system and will be unable to place an order any more quickly over the phone. There will be a high call volume on the day the items are released on our site, as well as in the days and weeks following. We do ask that you remain patient with us. We are committed to doing our very best to assist all of our customers and we wish you the best of luck in obtaining the 2013 Comic Con exclusives you desire.

So no real update. Best advise, do like pluv does. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:28 pm 

Just saw a picture of the new Total Heroes Superman.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/foru ... =5&t=25664

Scroll to the third page. You know what I'm faintly reminded of? G.I. Joe Sigma Six...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:13 am 

Does anybody know what was show or have links to what The Bridge Direct had at SDCC ?

I like her and your idea of adding the 3rd shade in her pants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:34 pm 

I have mixed feelings about this. Fun Publishing is now offering a lottery for a few lucky people to buy the SDCC sets. I have no issue with the lottery, I have an issue with the 50% price hike from a club that I pay a month membership for.

Quote:
There is some very exciting news!

We have been allocated a very limited number of the 2013 Comic Con GI Joe and Transformers “The Epic Conclusion” Vehicle/Figure sets from Hasbro. We are offering this set to our club members, both Transformer and GI Joe, but in order to be fair to everyone due to the limited number we received, we have decided to have a lottery drawing for the opportunity to purchase this set. If you want to be included in this lottery drawing, you must send an email to Lottery@FunPubinc.com ONLY. Send only one email with “LOTTERY” as the subject.

Please do not contact our office or email any other email addresses regarding the lottery. Multiple emails will void your entry. These items are limited to 1 item per membership if you are selected in the lottery drawing. You must be a current active member to participate. The email that you send does not guarantee that you will get an item; this just includes you in the lottery drawing. The price on this item is $150+shipping. The cutoff for sending your email will be Friday, July 26, 2013 at 9am central time. We will not accept any emails after this time. Once the names have been drawn from the emails received, you will be contacted by email and given further instructions on how the order will be processed.

Again, please DO NOT contact our office for any reason regarding this lottery drawing! Thank you and good luck!

Thanks!

Brian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:44 pm 
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman

Morgardee wrote:
I have an issue with the 50% price hike from a club that I pay a month membership for.

plus taxes, shipping, etc.,

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:14 pm 
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN

There's eBay auctions that'd probably get you it cheaper.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:11 pm 

Then there is this...
http://tformers.com/transformers-and-gi ... /news.html

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 4:47 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])