Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2024 2:02 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Battleground event starts tonight
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:46 am 
Nanomite enhanced

In TF Legends, allies allowed you to get Ally Points that could be used to get cards, and some allies would always be on your list of people upon requesting help with fighting a boss. So far, in Battleground, only the Destro event worked that way in terms of fighting bosses, and there appears to be no equivalent to Ally Points.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:27 pm 
Nanomite enhanced

Battleground has been very kind to me today in PvP battles, as I got to fight one guy with only three characters on his team on three separate occasions and got massive points on two of them. It's still not quite as good as that player I fought several times over the weekend that had only one character on his team, but I'll take it! :) I'm also apparently in a super-lazy group for the day, so I'm almost guaranteed a double promotion.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:26 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

I'm stuck with some pretty ridiculous over acheivers in my group, so I have to make sure I log in every so often and fight during the day.

I got past 21 wins at lunch just now. Then a player with a lower title and much lower level super spammed me with vehicle attacks and i didn't get a shot off in fight 22.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:26 pm 

I got lucky yesterday and was in a lazy group. So I won that pool, got my double promotion. Today I am paying for it! Have not won more then 3 in a row. I keep getting creamed. One guy had 4 Storm Shadows and they all used their multi-attack and one used the Claw attack. Was gone just like that. It has been that way all day. My team never uses their specials, it is annoying.

Rock Sugar
Because Pop Rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:54 pm 

Finally got 12 wins in a row. 13 did me in though. Oh well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:04 pm 

My team will use specials in the dumbest possible ways. Super powerful god-level character with glowing aura? Regular attack. Cobra grunt that has already taken so much damage you could kill him by chucking your empty gun at him? CALL IN AN AIR STRIKE!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:00 am 

My favorite is when Lady J heals everybody on her first turn, before anyone has taken any damage. Then lets them all die later on.

"i love you, Lance Sputnik." (Joemichales70)

:lacespudneck: :mindbender:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:50 pm 

I got to 12 wins again and still got whacked on #13. I picked the easiest of the opponents offered which were at least 30 points above me. I also used the all out attack. I got all out waxed. Like not even close. I'm baffled that you guys got to 19+.

On another subject, what is the process for activating the vehicle attack for a character? I have a 1 of 4 star Scarlett that shows she can be upgraded to a Mauler attack. Does that only become available when I promote her to 4 stars? If so, it might be a while before that happens. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:20 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

FireFox91 wrote:
I got to 12 wins again and still got whacked on #13. I picked the easiest of the opponents offered which were at least 30 points above me. I also used the all out attack. I got all out waxed. Like not even close. I'm baffled that you guys got to 19+.

On another subject, what is the process for activating the vehicle attack for a character? I have a 1 of 4 star Scarlett that shows she can be upgraded to a Mauler attack. Does that only become available when I promote her to 4 stars? If so, it might be a while before that happens. :(

Yes, vehicle attacks get unlocked at 4 stars. I've only got a few 4-star characters -- mostly Joes -- yet whenever I play as the Joes I get my arse handed to me in PvP.

Playing as Cobra, where I only have one character with a vehicle attack (my leader, CC) I'm cleaning up. Of course, most of my three-star Epic Cobras have maxed out their primary special attacks because I keep feeding them the reporters I win.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:07 am 

Is it wrong that I am replay Cobra Russia Zone 4 over and over to try to get Alpine?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:31 am 

I keep trying to catch Spirit over and over. Of course it's because it won't let me advance to the next region yet.

"i love you, Lance Sputnik." (Joemichales70)

:lacespudneck: :mindbender:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:33 am 
Nanomite enhanced

Lance Sputnik wrote:
I keep trying to catch Spirit over and over. Of course it's because it won't let me advance to the next region yet.

Unfortunately, it will likely never let you advance to the next region. I'm sure the development team is too busy working on the weekly events to ever add new regular levels.

Like toy-nutz, I got promoted two levels yesterday and also apparently paid the price for it. I was lucky to get seven wins in a row, and I don't think I ever got nine wins in a row for the day (er, night). I think I've reached the point where I'm deathly afraid to take on any Joe squad that has non-helmeted jetpack Duke since that character just spams Sacrifice over and over again while seemingly taking little damage, leaving the rest of the squad to attack me at will. I faced one squad that had non-helmeted jetpack Duke, leader Flint, and 1992 Roadblock, and they just laughed at me while constantly Sacrifice-ing, Counter Guard-ing, and Counter Attack-ing me.

I was at the Double Promotion point level this morning before I left for work, and I hope it holds even though I'm not sure what real benefit it will be with the Global Warfare event ending in a few hours. Maybe a higher final position gets some Cobra Commander event cards as rewards? I'm not going to get an event CC card any other way, since I'm not even close to the point total needed to get one the regular way.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:43 pm 

I have a General Hawk at 2 stars and he uses the Skyhawk dive bomb all the time...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:38 pm 
Nanomite enhanced

MobileBattleBunker wrote:
I have a General Hawk at 2 stars and he uses the Skyhawk dive bomb all the time...

General Hawk can only be promoted to two stars, so if he has a vehicle attack, that would unlock it. I have a General Hawk card, but I never looked to see if he has an extra attack. If he does, that would be the first Rare card I've seen that cannot be promoted to Epic but still has a vehicle attack.

I think I'll use General Hawk more anyway, since I've seen that his skill boost is like Cobra Commander (hooded/Resolute)'s Rally Troops, except that it apparently applies to the entire squad.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:53 pm 

Well, I got hosed on this last event. I didn't realize that you had to spend your coins before the event ended or you would lose them. I figured I would keep them because they were regular coins and not a special event coin. Nope, they took them which really sucks because my team is not particularly impressive. I was hoping to score some more rares but was saving to get 10 coins before using them. I suppose my team could be better, but it isn't worth spending money on in my opinion.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2024 2:02 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])