Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 6:27 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Star Wars 6" Black Series - R2D2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:14 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

This Friday (8-9-13) I was in Target and happened upon the new 6" Star Wars Black Series. They had 1 of each. I really wasn't interested in Luke with his pilot outfit. It's fine for the smaller figures since I have an X-Wing fighter and stuff for him to sit in. I'm not buying anything like that in this scale!

I did pick up Darth Maul, Sandtrooper, and R2D2. With this review I'll focus on R2. I will start off saying that it's a little hard to shell out $19.99 for this figure. He is small and doesn't really come with or do enough to make it worth the money. However, down the road when C3P0 comes out, it would be a regrettable thing to have passed R2 up.

That said, let's get to the pictures and talk about the figure:

Here we have a shot of the new figure next to one of the older smaller R2s. This gives a good idea of scale. It's hard to really see it when he's photographed by himself or unless you are holding him in hand.

Here we have another image with some Jawas. This would be a score for them!

Close up of the dome shows the detail they put into this. They did a great job recreating the character. It's harder to appreciate the detail with as much that has come out, but it really is well done.

All the way on to the back of the figure, all details are there. No stickers or "cheating" to cut corners.

More of the detail.

The legs have piece that attach to give the regular details of R2D2 as we've known him. They fit with a slot and peg and fit very tight in place.

The wires on the feet are individual pieces and work well.

The parts on the leg come off to allow you to put the rockets on. This is a neat added feature but most people will disregard this since R2D2 either forgot how to activate these or they broke by the time A New Hope came around.

3 different parts come off the dome to allow you to put in the other accessories. When accessories are not in place, these just peg into slots.

Luke's Return of the Jedi lightsaber.

Radar. There is also another radar that I forgot to add a picture of.

Here's the bottom of the feet. Each have rollers to allow movement.

Of course he has the 3rd leg. It's rotated out by moving R2's head like many of the smaller ones. I sort of wish it would have been a slide mechanism or something, but this works. He also has doors on each side that open and arms come out.

Over all it's a neat figure. I'd have been happier at $12.99 or if C3P0 came with him. But I can't say pass him up over the price. Well worth having and it would be a regrettable decision down the road when they do put C3P0 out.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Star Wars 6" Black Series - R2D2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:03 pm 

This is probably the only figure from this line I have any interest in. Good to see some comparison pics and all the detail shots.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 6:27 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])