Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:36 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 379  Next
 Post subject: Re: What I got today...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:58 am 
King of Daikaiju

Yeah those shoulders are "LASER BLAST".
There is a kit that one of the 3rd party companies put out, that has pieces to fix the shoulders along with a new, smaller and more G1 accurate head. I may get it eventually, but it seems rather pricey at around $30.

My main disappointment with the figure was his size. I was hoping for a smaller sized voyager class figure. No taller than classics Prime. He's quite a bit taller than I was hoping he'd be.

That and his huge tank barrel. Stupid missile launching gimmick...

things aren't as pretty... on the inside"

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: RE: What I Got Today
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:45 pm 

I picked up the Avengers Assemble Red Skull, I love the figure. The only down side is that with the Hydra emblem on his hat I wish I had picked up some of the Hydra figures from the last Captain America set or the Hydra figure we saw in Spectre's pics from NYCC were 3 3/4 scale.
Got him home thinking I still had a MJ Luger, but apparently it's with another figure so he's currently using another MJ pistol till I get the money to buy another set from them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:59 pm 

harlie wrote:
I picked up the Avengers Assemble Red Skull, I love the figure. The only down side is that with the Hydra emblem on his hat I wish I had picked up some of the Hydra figures from the last Captain America set or the Hydra figure we saw in Spectre's pics from NYCC were 3 3/4 scale.

I bought a couple of that figure last week, and I had roughly the same thought: I got them for something Adventure Team-related, but that hat is so well-done that it almost makes me want to do some Hydra customs, too. The only Marvel property I've still got much interest in is the Steranko-era Nick Fury, and I've been thinking about doing a set of S.H.I.E.L.D. customs for years, so maybe this is the push I needed.

The Red Skull figure is great, except for the horrendous hip design. That's an easy problem to fix, though, especially when the lower half of his jacket covers the attachment point for a new set of hips and legs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:26 pm 

Had to make a toiletry run at Walgreens and spotted and scored a Mortal Kombat Reptile with the extra-reptilian head. Couldn't resist it...it gave me ideas.

http://capolan.tripod.com/- Some Stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:35 pm 
DarkJedi'd

I stopped by Target tonight (first chance in over a week) and scored a TMNT Mousers set. Also grabbed a TMNT Leatherhead figure to possibly use as a Venomized Croc Master or a Mega Monster version of the Croc Master v2s (which I use like a specialty Viper)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 pm 

Cap wrote:
Had to make a toiletry run at Walgreens and spotted and scored a Mortal Kombat Reptile with the extra-reptilian head. Couldn't resist it...it gave me ideas.

Darn it my Walgreens have mostly the green carded MK figures. I have been looking for Reptile for a while. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:06 am 

I've been hooked by the Bandai S.H.Figuarts Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers figures. I received the Red and Green Rangers a couple months ago and today the White and Armored Red Rangers arrived. I also picked up the Ninja Storm Red Ranger since Bandai has all 5 of the Ninja Storm Rangers coming out in the next few months.

I have to say for an import figure line I can find almost no flaws with these figures. Paint is exquisite, plastic quality is great, articulation is all but perfect (they are missing a bicep joint, though I don't know why) and the figures themselves look amazing. It's a pricey line to get into but I like the looks of them and though they aren't in a scale that works with anything else (just under 6") I'm loving that I will finally have a great, highly articulated Power Rangers team on the shelf.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:20 am 

I got a Polar Pop at Circle K for free with a coupon.

"i love you, Lance Sputnik." (Joemichales70)

:lacespudneck: :mindbender:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:44 am 

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
I've been hooked by the Bandai S.H.Figuarts Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers figures. I received the Red and Green Rangers a couple months ago and today the White and Armored Red Rangers arrived. I also picked up the Ninja Storm Red Ranger since Bandai has all 5 of the Ninja Storm Rangers coming out in the next few months.

I have to say for an import figure line I can find almost no flaws with these figures. Paint is exquisite, plastic quality is great, articulation is all but perfect (they are missing a bicep joint, though I don't know why) and the figures themselves look amazing. It's a pricey line to get into but I like the looks of them and though they aren't in a scale that works with anything else (just under 6") I'm loving that I will finally have a great, highly articulated Power Rangers team on the shelf.

Actually they put an extra joint in the shoulders that allows the arms to move as if they had the swivel joint. It's pretty well done.
Great line indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:04 am 

Redmao wrote:
Mysterious Stranger wrote:

Actually they put an extra joint in the shoulders that allows the arms to move as if they had the swivel joint. It's pretty well done.
Great line indeed.

That extra shoulder joint doesn't give the same range of motion as a regular bicep cut. But I don't have a problem getting them into most poses.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:18 pm 

Found a 'OMG VHTF' MU A-Bomb at Target right before I snagged the Jetfire set from HTS (thanks, MS!)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:29 am 
DarkJedi'd

I picked up a couple of $2 books at Barnes & Noble yesterday.

'War in the Pacific' by Gina mcNeely and Jon Guttman
'Great Battles of WWII' by Parragon Books
'US Army Weapons Systems 2011-2012'

The latter is quite interesting and has given me some ideas for a few WIPs I've had on the back burner.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:34 pm 

I got "G.I. Joe The Complete Collection" Volume 3 today. This is the hardcover reprint of the Marvel run, recolored and remastered, in reading order with lots of notes, vehicle blueprints and other bonuses. The best part is they have included the 25th Anniversary comic pack comics (the .5 issues Larry Hama wrote) in the reading order as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:02 pm 

I found all of wave 3.5 at TRU. Unfortunately, they were all in the arms of a fellow collector who beat me there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:05 pm 

Wowboy wrote:
I found all of wave 3.5 at TRU. Unfortunately, they were all in the arms of a fellow collector who beat me there.

:bawling: this makes me sad.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 379  Next

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:36 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])