Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:49 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: wave 3.5 at walgreens.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:55 pm 

Quote:
actually it depends on which store you go to around here... some are $9.99, another a mile away could be $10.49 then another a mile away is $11.49 and yet another a mile away could be $11.99 and Walgreens response to the prices when I called was " its REGIONAL" .. I asked "Whats considered a region to you guys a mile?" The lady got mad cause I was asking these questions... lucky I didn't ask for a supervisor.

The TRU 's around here are the same way

I would trust Disney to write a script for how to live the rest of my life before I would let Lucas write directions for wiping my ass.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:53 pm 

HypnoHustler wrote:
The remaining Wal-Marts that kept Joe after the reset appear to be dropping the line now. Guess its TRU and Walgreens for the foreseeable future.

There is also Meijer but they only have wave 1. Plus they have them hanging at the end of an aisle close to the girls or baby toys. I guess they want to make them hard to find. The Wolverine movie figures are also next to them.

I only saw wave 2 once at a Walmart. Otherwise they have been stuck with wave 1.
Hasbro shot themselves in the foot yet again. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:01 pm 
Formerly Levantine

The one Walmart where I found 3.5 has their remaining Joes on clearance. That makes two now with no more Joe product. The others around here are clogged with wave 1 Roadblocks, Storm Shadows, Snake Eyes and Cobra Commanders. TRU hasn't restocked in months, just one wave 1 Roadblock on the peg and some vehicles. The CVS stores have gotten rid of Joes and Walgreens only have wave 1 pegwarmers. It's all kinda sad. Is the line really done for now?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:09 pm 

What a shame. Wave 3.5 is, top to bottom, the best wave of Joe product since at least 1990. If you include the new Tomahawk as part of that wave (which it basically is), then it gets even stronger. Hasbro outdid themselves, and yet the figures are barely available at retail. I've ordered dozens of the 3.5 figures, both in case form and as singles, because I doubt I'll see them in stores around here; I would have rather enjoyed the experience of finding them on a toy hunt. I'm glad we got them at all, but in terms of providing a quality product that represents the best of what the line has to offer, it's too bad more people can't get their hands on these.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:16 pm 
Formerly Levantine

I know what you mean. I don't understand why the pegs were clogged with wave 1 and these figures are so few and far between. Why not lead with this wave? Why even bother with limited articulation wave 1?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:05 pm 

Levantine wrote:
I know what you mean. I don't understand why the pegs were clogged with wave 1 and these figures are so few and far between. Why not lead with this wave? Why even bother with limited articulation wave 1?

I know some of the Targets put them in their stockroom when the movie was delayed. Then Hasbro re-shipped that wave again! Didn't they claim we would have plenty of the other waves?
I guess it is now up to Ross and TJX(TJ Maxx & Marshalls).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:24 pm 
Formerly Levantine

Makes me wonder where the line would be today if the movie hadn't been delayed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:09 am 

There is still hope- at least one case(seems more like two) just showed up at my local TRU last week. I was able to get everyone but the cobra combat ninja

I would trust Disney to write a script for how to live the rest of my life before I would let Lucas write directions for wiping my ass.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:26 am 

Now, I wonder if Wave 4 will turn up at retail...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:14 am 
Formerly Levantine

Went to TRU today; they restocked...
Two pegs of wave 1 Storm Shadow :-(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:33 am 
General Pittance Contributor
General Pittance Contributor

saw wave 3.5 Duke at WG the other day

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:31 am 

Found about half of wave 3.5 at TRU today- no army builders, Duke or Flint. Happy to get what I did, though- first time I've seen them. Maybe I'll find the rest eventually. I'm hopeful as Christmas approaches, we'll see a little more Joe on the shelves to help get this wave out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:42 pm 

Did a run on my local WGs and found three with just one wave 3.5 fig each. Does WG restock their Joes on a regular/weekly basis? I'm guessing it's hit or miss as with TRU/WM/etc, but what are other people experiencing?

Also, one of the WGs was a veritable mosh-pit of Joes of recent history — ROC, POC, Renegades, and Realiation figs all on one peg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:03 pm 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

my TRU had the Cobra Combat Ninja, but I'm not army building him, and I had one already that I was largely uninspired by. Sounds like I should nab one for someone here who is striking out (and didn't order a case...)?

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

Post subject: RE: wave 3.5 at Walgreens
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:19 pm 

I've been to two local Walgreens, 2 Walmarts (one had a few wave 2 in the clearance area, but still full price), a Target, 3 CVS, & a K-mart and I have not found a one. Meijer here in Indy hasn't even had wave one, the Target didn't even have a peg for anything, the Walgreens had no slots, and the K-mart was where I found Colton & Jaye but it's been wave one since then.
This is really frustrating since I can't order from anyone online cause I don't have a credit card and I'm not gonna buy a prepaid card just to buy these.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:49 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])