Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:22 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 379  Next
 Post subject: Re: What I got today...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:13 am 
Formerly Suburbanator

I've been on vacation the past two weeks and did a bit of hunting and eBaying.
Went hunting with Cyko, RougeTiger and a couple other collectors last Friday. RT knew a guy who runs a comic/collectable shop. RT talked him into staying open later. We made it worth his while. I picked up the Tanks for the Memories Con set and the ARC-170. The other guys spent their fair share too, we probably covered the guy's rent for the month. At another comic/collectables shop I picked up the A-wing and a few figures. Toys R Us forced the X-wing and Republic Gunship on me, both are awesome. I'm not really a Prequel collector, but since I got the Gunship and ARC-170, I had to get a few Clones of various types to display with them. One I had to get was the new Black Series Clone Pilot coz the figure that came with the Gunship sucked.

As I was checking out Clones on eBay, I found an Obi-Wan that I had no idea existed. It resembled his appearance from the Tartakovski Clone Wars series, but with a real looking head sculpt. The seller was in Denver (where I am vacationing) and we agreed to meet. The guy had bought a storage unit that hadn't made rent and it had a butt load of SW stuff in it. He went through and pulled out the stuff he wanted and eBayed the rest. He showed me what he had and I found one of my SW Grails; The Imperial Shuttle. Along with the shuttle I got a Commander Cody, Commander Bly and two Imperial Officers to pilot the shuttle.

Now I just gotta figure out how in the heck I'm going to get the stuff home...

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:09 pm 

Had a few good days. Finally found the ultimate wave yesterday and grabbed Data Viper (which is a ton of plastic...you definitely get your money's worth), Combat Ninja and Ultimate Firefly (really just wanted the Hiss drone...which I love). Then today I discovered a TRU express had opened in the mall, and found another Combat Ninja (already trading the first one for a CC...the one figure neither place had and my main want from the wave) and an Avengers Assemble Black Widow.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:08 pm 

I missed out on the Abomination wave for the third time today, but I did find the new Grey Hulk from it, which I really wanted. Also found a clearanced Silver Surfer/Dr. Strange comic pack for $7 at Walmart. And grabbed an Ultimate Duke from KMart.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:18 pm 

Finally hit a Bit Lots and picked up the PTE 8-Wheeler. Also snagged a G.I. Joe Kre-O Major Bludd and another Snow Job. All I'm missing now are the armybuilders from that wave.

Oh and I found a Megabloks 6-pack of the Might Morphin Power Rangers figures. Red, Blue, Black, Yellow, Pink and Green Rangers. I'm not into the Megabloks style figures but I couldn't resist the classic Rangers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:32 am 

so I went to TRU today to use my 20% off coupon
MU pegs were empty as usual
I flag down an employee & ask if they have any anywhere...
he scans the barcode on the peg & says they haven't had any since MARCH! FREAKING MARCH!!!!! no wonder I can't find anything at all!!!!
I'm sure they haven't gotten any new Joes in since I was last there either. empty pegs

plus these blind KREO bags are bad as some moron decided to open a few to see which ones are in them
I think I got a BAT for a friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:45 pm 

I looked at a couple places for newer MU and joes but nothing to buy. I saw Budo,kwinn,combat ninja,crimson guard and flint.
I did get the new Monster high scarah screams for my daughter though

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:43 pm 

I haven't received them yet but I just snagged some Retaliation Joes from NerdRAGEToys. I picked up 2 Ultimate Duke (to use for a movie accurate Joe team), 3 Crimson Guard (though I HATE that helmet) and Ultimate Storm Shadow (peer pressure, you ALL made me do it!).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:30 pm 

Mailman just dropped a big box filled with Dust Tactics sets.
I don't play the game, but I really like those miniatures.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:29 pm 

Hit the TRU express again (I love this thing...the TRU on my side of town became a damn Babies R Us years ago, and the other one is out in The Hills Have Eyes country, so I haven't been to TRU in a long, long time). Picked up a SW Padme figure (fodder), an Avengers Assemble Red Skull (probably fodder, but pretty cool on its own), a Legolas/Tauriel set (fodder, but I'm really surprised how high quality these figures are...the hobbit figures never came anywhere near my area until now), and an Ultimate Storm Shadow. I wasn't going to get this one, but they had a '$10 off $50 or more' deal going on, and I was at $40, so SS was essentially free. So glad I got is figure....finally a decent v1 modern update. I like it even better than the Renegades version (....anyone want my Renegades version? I only really need one SS).

I also got some awesomeness in the mail. I ordered Thor King Laufey and Volstaag figures from Hobo Ninja (I missed out on King Loki). Shakka85 also sent me his AWESOME me-headed AT custom. I need to take some dio shots with that, it's too cool not to.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:26 pm 

I got my first Kickstarter package from Marauder! All I can say is WOW!

I would trust Disney to write a script for how to live the rest of my life before I would let Lucas write directions for wiping my ass.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:29 pm 

greenshirt wrote:
I got my first Kickstarter package from Marauder! All I can say is WOW!

Ditto. MJ certainly did not disappoint. Just gotta find uses for all of this great stuff -- and there are still two more sets on the way!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:15 pm 
DarkJedi'd

This past weekend I got a Quinjet from TJ Maxx marked down.

Also got two PTE campsite/tents, a PTE jeep w/trailer, and 2 Hot Wheels cases to put some recent Hot Wheels buys into.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:23 pm 

Got some guns from Brickarms and some mini figure parts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:19 pm 

Redmao wrote:
Got some guns from Brickarms and some mini figure parts.

How is their service and product quality? I've been eyeing a few things for my Kre-O Joes but have been a bit hesitant to pull the trigger.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:43 pm 

Birthday haul time. I got

-Ultimate Roadblock
-Ultimate Crimson Guard
-Budo
-Roku box (I can get Netflix on my workshop tv now)
-Wacom Inkling
-Joyland by Stephen King
-SHIELD logo vinyl decals for my car and laptop
-Hyperbole & A Half's book
-awesome skull-shaped USB hub

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 379  Next

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:22 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])