Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:35 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 379  Next
 Post subject: Re: What I got today...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:04 am 

Not been buying many toys recently. My fodder box is overflowing and I have a huge backlog of customs to work on anyway.

Been buying more books and DVDs.

Just got the Kurosawa Samurai Collection: Seven Samurai, Throne of Blood, Hidden Fortress, Yojimbo and Sanjuro. Good price off Amazon. Scored Ran and Kagemusha cheap from Ebay, and I have a bid in on a cheap copy of Stray Dog. My old DVDs, (except Seven Samurai) were all video transfers and were not of great quality.Just need a cheap copy of Rashomon and I have all of my favourites.

Also snagged a copy of Nosferatu Special Edition with an additional 15 minutes of restored footage and the original 1923 soundtrack and intertitles.

For my Kindle. I got The Adventures of Dr Nikola: Criminal Mastermind and The Complete Charlie Chan Mysteries

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:29 pm 

Got pretty lucky yesterday. The wife got sent to a different branch for a couple of days because they were low staffed and she stopped at the Walmart there before work to drop off a prescription for our sick dog...and happened to go to toys. She brought me home Omega Red, Nightcrawler, Aurora and Black Knight.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:54 pm 

Got a TRU gift certificate in the mail from the Rewards program for the year. Was only about $15, but for me this means a decent stretching.

Went twice during the week and was thoroughly disappointed. No new Marvel Universe(well, there was new but the guy at CS said that the same guys who meet them there before opening get there and wipe out every new one that is placed on the pegs..), GIJOE was only Dukes, and the original MU Comic set I was looking for that had been peg warming for over a whole year, the pack with Jean Grey and Cyclops in the blue and yellow outfits(stripped, the yellow base makes great undercolor for flesh and such), was finally purchased days before. Could have gone for the new Mirkwood set, but honestly don't need any more Tauriels or Legolas figures, Kili's or Fili's. The Legendary aisle showed promise, with the ship marked down $15, but again, it's all about the yield for me, and I still couldn't swing the remaining $20 plus tax after all would be said and done.

We were going to leave since there was nothing of interest or available, when we took one more look down the "collectors aisle" and I saw in the shadows the Pacific Rim Leatherback Kaiju for $16.99. When we got it in the light, we both had an "A Ha!" moment. She was thinking using it for an Underdark Troll for my fantasy needs, and I was thinking using it for an extraplanar aberration since I just got the body done for the six-armed Drow Demonbinder. When all was said and done, walked away with it for just $2.90. Out of the package, this thing is GREAT. Very posable, down to each individual claw, and the mouth opens and closes. The markings remind me of what is on the Dark Blue Frost Giant, so I can put the two together for great summoning scenes.

Then when we went to Walgreens for essentials, scored another Reptile for my Yuan-ti customs needs. Made sweeter with a small pack of Twizzlers.

http://capolan.tripod.com/- Some Stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:25 pm 
DarkJedi'd

2x Hot Wheels Aston Martin 1963 DB5 (in hunter green) :(
MU Scarlet Spider
MU Puck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:37 pm 
JC Podcaster

Cap- nice score on the Kaiju Leatherback! I got some rewards $ myself and went looking for 1 tonight but my TRU didn't put the new Pacific Rim series out yet. I am hoping to score 1 this weekend or sometime next week. I love the various Kaiju from the movie (gotta love Wayne Barlowe designs :) )and plan on getting every one they release :)

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

Post subject: RE: What I got today...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 am 

Well when I got home today I had a package waiting on me, a dozen Black Major Cobra North Gas Troopers I had won off of the 'bay. As I opened up the package I found there was actually a 13th Gas Trooper in it. His plastic is a similar shade of yellow as most glow in the dark action figures but so far there is no glow.
Most may say 'eh' because they're straight armed but right now I'm having almost the same joy I had when I first started collecting Joes. :-D

Last edited by harlie on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:40 pm 
DarkJedi'd

I stopped at Ollie's and found:

-2x Star Wars Royal Starship Droids Battle Packs for $15 (they had the Mos Espa Arena set also)
-Simpson's World Ultimate Episode Guide Season 1-20 for 20% off
-2x IDW GIJOE RoC movie prequel graphic novels (one for my collection, another for scanning/reference pics)

At Wal-Mart:
-new Deadpool logo t-shirt
-Dirty Harry 4 DVD movie collection for $6
-Mousehunt DVD
-2000 piece 'Summer at Neuschwanstein Castle' puzzle http://www.calendars.com/Assorted-Europ ... d=cat00712

EDIT:
And I picked up a lone Data-Viper from Rite-Aid. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about that right now...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:18 am 
General Pittance Contributor
General Pittance Contributor

Ollie's is getting the astromech set now? holy crap, I need to check there, I must have. Those ARE the droids I'm looking for!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:29 pm 

Got my TRU value card/gift card rewards and earned $25, used it and a 15% off coupon to get a Black Series Sandtrooper, with zero $ outta pocket and $5 left on on my card.

Then hit up Kmart and got a Black Series Boba Fett for $6.37 after using $16 in Kmart rewards points.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:34 pm 

I used my rewards gift card from TRU over the weekend. During the promotion, even though I didn't know about it, I used my rewards card when my sister-in-law bought a car seat and when my mother-in-law did some Christmas shopping. I had also picked up Swap Force and Madden 25 during that time period when they were having a BOGO 40% off sale. So, I wound up with a $30 gift card. I used it on both Robocops, The Wolverine's Silver Samurai and some Skylanders while they were having a BOGO deal on older ones. I only had to pay three bucks for that little haul.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:46 pm 

got in the mail my 2nd order from Matty. I got she ra, the palace guards,battle ground Teela and the weapons pack with Kowl....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:29 pm 

Tanstoys wrote:
got in the mail my 2nd order from Matty. I got she ra, the palace guards,battle ground Teela and the weapons pack with Kowl....

Oh excellent! I did not know they had something in stock!
Do they have any discount codes for the holidays?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:48 pm 

Goldbug wrote:
Tanstoys wrote:

Oh excellent! I did not know they had something in stock!
Do they have any discount codes for the holidays?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:14 pm 

I ordered these the 29th of November, they were on sale, now what they have is back to full price.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:03 pm 

Tanstoys wrote:
I ordered these the 29th of November, they were on sale, now what they have is back to full price.

:cry:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 379  Next

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:35 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])