Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 5:28 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Joe PIX
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:26 pm 

I know that I am waisting time on this site for asking, but I figured what the heck, can't be wrong all the time, gotta get a "yes" iventually. I have some pictures of JOE figures that was wondering if anyone cared to either make a figure of these guys or if they could make them CGI pictures. Other words, I do not have the talent to make custom-built figures. So I used HeroMachine to animate the characters. Anyone on this site is more than welcome to try and customize them into figures. Just let me know so I can give the background information on them. If and only those who are interested can apply. Which I know their will be none.

timbrian@hughes.net (that is my e-mail)

Sabata

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: New Joe PIX
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:45 pm 

those are cool designs, if i may i'd like to make a suggestion. an easy way to make your own customs is by simply buying figures and switching parts. i still havn't tried to crack a modern era torso, but i have tons of fun with the older screw back type joes.

by looking on ebay or in the marketplace here i am sure you could find figures that just by swapping heads or buying a few weapons and acessories come really close to your vision.

i am really just starting this hobby and i do it for 100% fun. if something isn't working i move on until inspiration or most of the time luck puts that perfect piece in my hands.

i encourage you to try and make your designs come to fruition and you are in the right place to learn and share everything about how :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:13 pm 

2DARK2C:

I would do as you suggested, but the problem is, I am not mechanically inclined. Fact is, tearing something up is quite easy, fix'in it back is another thing. I couldn't make a toy, if my life depended on it. Much less rig one up like you were talking about. Never could do anything. That is why I would rather give someone else the credit when it comes to creating things. Got ideas, just do not know how to make them come true. Guess that is why I am poor and everybody else is rich.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:37 am 

There are several customizers on here that do commissions, so you shouldn't have any problem finding someone to take this up.

However, if your collection consists of a good deal of RAH figures, I highly recommend giving it a shot yourself. I was unscrewing torsos and swapping parts when I was five years old. So were a lot of us. It's really not very difficult, and I'm sure you could do it.

Your Zulu character could easily be fashioned from a Hardball head, BC Roadblock arms, Dusty torso, waist and legs. Maybe start out with a simple Testors Acrylic Medium Green or Olive Drab and just paint all their clothed parts in a single color. While that won't achieve the camo look you have here, you may be happy with it. If you decide to go the extra mile and try the camo, there are several tutorials on here and plenty of folks on here that would be happy to give you advice.

For Kodiak, I'd use the same 85 Dusty torso/waist/legs combo, and then throw in a 91 Dusty head and 87 Mercer Arms. For the paint, just paint the entire body and upper arms gray. If you really want that red in there, throw in some red camo splotches and you will be good to go.

For the last guy, Red Sun, I might change up the design a bit and use Budo head/torso/arms and 88 Storm Shadow waist and legs. Here, I would just paint the torso and arms red, and the waist and legs black. If you want to go the extra mile, maybe find a decal that looks like the snake for the leg.

These might not be 100% accurate to what you've done in Hero maker, but they would be sharp figures that you'd be happy to have in your collection, and the most rewarding part about them is that they would be completely YOURS.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 5:28 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])