Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:29 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Monday: Interesting Joe Vehicle Origins
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:46 am 

I had something of a minor Conquest X-30 obsession as a kid. Having missed the Skystriker (which always pained me as a kid - others had it and I wanted it the most), I picked up the Conquest. I remember being thrilled that Joe was moving forward, that they were getting newer tech and not standing still. I also liked Slipstream as a pilot too. I read the back of the package with great interest about its computer guided flight abilities. I had a big imagination as a kid and the impression that the box gave in its write up was often a deal maker for me when purchasing. The Conquest was never QUITE the Skystriker, but I did enjoy that it was a next generation fighter that I could own, instead of desiring the Skystriker forever and ever...

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:20 am 
HATES Mattel

So, has anybody ever made a four-seater VAMP or Stinger?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:13 pm 

AdrienVeidt wrote:
So, has anybody ever made a four-seater VAMP or Stinger?

Sort of

http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/custo ... e=3&id=736

and

http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/custo ... e=3&id=118

Post subject: Re: Interesting Joe Vehicle Origins
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:16 pm 

I was gonna say that 4 seat VAMP thing sounds like a job for Blood Brigade or Dremel, but Dremel already did it.

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:47 pm 

Dusty79 wrote:
I was gonna say that 4 seat VAMP thing sounds like a job for Blood Brigade or Dremel, but Dremel already did it.

Yep made that one nearly 13 years ago. I currently have two Vamps cut up which are going to get put together into a 4 seater 6 wheeled Stinger.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:49 pm 
Formerly Suburbanator

Hansa Jet was the forward swept wing plane I was thinking of. The Gremans had several forward swept wing planes during WWII and beyond.

Most people know the VAMP was based on the Lamborghini Cheetah, but the XR3111 looks much closer in design. Two sweater, rear deck with a weapons platform, low profile design. It was one of the vehicles considered when the HMMWV was being designed. No where near as versatile as the HMMWV turned out to be, it would have been a good vehicle for recon and quick strikes against enemy targets.

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:07 pm 

Actually the Cheetah was the vehicle that was in competition for the Humvees spot. The XR311 actually saw military service in the early 70's when 12 were bought by the Military. The Cheetah was a blatant knock-off/ improvement and got Lamborghini sued. The Humvee was also essentially a knockoff of the Cheetah with extensive improvements. The Cheetah was intended to be sold as a military vehicle and had a Kevlar armor option as well as a weapons mounting option. Though it never made it past the prototype stage.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:29 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])