Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 4:27 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Am I beyond hope? Or is this level of crazy typical?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:12 am 

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Once you open that new LowLight and compare him to the JvC one you already have; you'll see the dangers of going after them screwbacks. And that LL is one of the best of the JvC era, too!

You're right, I saw that pretty much right away. It's a good figure, but little things about it left me feeling slightly let down. I might find some elements to incorporate in my newer figures, though. And, some of the older figures have weapons I like, and can still use.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:20 am 

Drbindy,

I'm somewhere in between customizing, and buying/holding right now. I went over to a local hobby shop, and bought a Testor acrylic paint starter kit with 9 different 1 oz paints for like $16. I bought 4-5 different brushes, a pallet, a new x-acto knife, and I'm ordering that little screw driver from Home Depot. I also picked up some modeling tweezers with the really long stems. I also got the stuff I needed to make my custom straps for weapons/harness alterations. So now that I have stuff to work with, I'm considering my options. I've been toying with some head/body combinations as I try to figure out the composition of my 4-5 man/woman team, and my small support team.

Darkjedi, I don't see myself ever doing army building. I have three of the night trooper snipers (2 green, 1 red). That's enough of an army for me. Or at least a little outpost. I have a Baroness, Firefly, Stormshadow, those, and a few other Cobras. That would be enough to justify an attack. I don't need 20-30 of the same bad guy figures. I'd rather spend $2-300 on a 100 year old baseball card. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:03 pm 

Sudden Death wrote:
Please tell me that I'm not crazy (any more than an adult collecting G.I. Joes can be).

Well, you just put the key disclaimer in there yourself, so I think you already know the answer to that one. :)

Sudden Death wrote:
Oh, and I got my first screw back figure today, my first Low Light (I was a sucker for the Barrett M99 sniper rifle he came with). I think I've been bitten, for sure. It reminded me of the figures I had as a kid.

Good for you! Any number of us still prefer that original, Real American Hero style of figure.

Sudden Death wrote:
Am I beyond hope? Or am I displaying the kind of behavior you all expected to see?

Cheers, and happy collecting all!

Bill

Of course you're beyond hope. We all are. I am reminded of a phrase that I've seen on everything from T-shirts to refrigerator magnets. "I don't suffer from insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it!" Just go with it and enjoy the hobby. And don't worry, nobody as any sort of "expected behavior" around here.

And welcome to the hobby, and to JoeCustoms! We're glad you're here. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:20 pm 
Formerly Suburbanator

Trekker, if Sudden Death having just a few figures makes him crazy, I'd hate to see how you would be classified.

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 4:27 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])