Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:20 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 379  Next
 Post subject: Re: What I got today...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:48 pm 

I got $50 for selling some comics

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:48 pm 
JC Podcaster

I got a pair of collected novel volumes from Barnes & Nobel.

I got a compendium of 6 H.G. Wells novels and another containing the first 5 "John Carter Of Mars" novels.

I also got a Grumpy Cat bookmark.

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:22 pm 

Found a Captain Phasma behind a bunch of Lukes. Pretty cool figure, for what it is. Also got the new Transformers Cyclonus, which is awesome in robot mode and crappy in fighter mode.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:54 pm 

Today was our 17th year anniversary, so we had a small run out. I got the new Schleich Eldrador fighters, that came with elemental weapons. Neat axes, maces, and swords. Also got their new stable pieces, the feed bag, hay, and apples blister. Should have left it though, as it was nearly $6 for the mini set (MSRP is actually $2.99 shows you the TRU mark up), and I know an online retailer that sells the combination stable accessories pack of all of them for $7. Live and learn.

http://capolan.tripod.com/- Some Stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:38 am 

Thrift store by me had a sale, so I got a nearly complete POTC Black Pearl for the 3-3/4" figs. Missing the raft and a small mast piece, which is luckily not that detailed so I should be able to get a black plastic rod to replace it.
All of the lights, sounds, and actions work, and even had 3 figures inside!
Came out to 7 bucks. Couldn't pass it up.

http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15937

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:35 pm 

harlie wrote:
As some of you who've been here for a lil while may remember, occasionally I'll get a feeling that I'll need to go ahead and stop at the Goodwill store I'm about to pass by. Previous hunches have netted me the orange Corps John Eagle, 2 Corps Lazer Force figures (1 only missing his hoverboard and the other missing his accessories and lower right arm), and finally a really nice tank. Well Thursday I got the urge and I found a near grail piece. The Corps Emergency version of the their Swamp 6wd. I barely remember this even being made. And from what I do remember I'm only missing a couple pieces. And the best part is I only spent $1.99 on it. Feeling good.
And then in the mail yesterday I finally got Guilotine and a Comic Pack Gasmask Trooper.

That is awesome! I swear I have this, and if my memory is correct, there's a mountain rescue looking kind of stretcher that snaps onto the black rollbar things on top. Such a great find.

As for me, I finally found Gung Ho! We also picked up the Croc Master set, but that's going away with some of the other stuff as gifts for later on haha. I couldn't believe I found Gung Ho. Felt like I never would. My TRU has stocked the two packs twice and they just restocked the three packs that day too, as they had another Alpine. Now all I'm missing from this line is both the retail and SDCC Skystriker sets and the Duke/CC/Trooper three pack, as I never found that old DVD set years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:47 pm 

Got my MU Chameleon. No "jacket" - the whole torso is one piece (with "leg holes in the bottom). Can't even sit down. Went from being potentially one of the best MU fodder figs to being a worthless hunk of $#!@ in no seconds flat. :-/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:17 pm 

bummer about the cameleon : /

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:23 pm 

I see you've been to PETSMART too Chief! I saw those very same pieces which inspired me to have carved the same pieces out of foam rods. Those are some fantastic ruins are they not?

Oh, and great critique on the Chameleon. I was wondering about the extra heads as I am always looking for an interesting noggin.

http://capolan.tripod.com/- Some Stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:44 pm 

Yes, Cap, they certainly are! :D - Taylor got a job at PetSmart a couple of weeks back, and in the middle of heading down there to harass her (and adopt a dog), I spotted those aquarium goodies. Was amazed at how inexpensive they were (about $20 total for all four of those pieces) and am looking forward to building a nice semi-permanent dio with them.

My Chameleon came with 3 heads (I think that's what the packaged version comes with) - the noseless Chameleon head, a Norman Osborn, and some type of Spidey-fied version. Can't tell if that one is a new sculpt - I think it is. I'll have a better idea once I slap some flesh-tone paint on it.

So at least I got a "meh" background-character Norm Osborn out of it. Sure - he can't sit behind a desk or anything, but he can certainly stand there and move his arms and ankles and maintain an expressionless look on his face... :-/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:46 pm 
DarkJedi'd

Chief wrote:
So at least I got a "meh" background-character Norm Osborn out of it. Sure - he can't sit behind a desk or anything, but he can certainly stand there and move his arms and ankles and maintain an expressionless look on his face... :-/

The heads can be used for other customs. I still wouldn't mind getting two of them for Tomax and Xamot standing in front of the big window at Extensive Enterprises.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:48 pm 

DarkJedi wrote:
The heads can be used for other customs.

Nah - it's always been my intent just to "LASER BLAST" those...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:02 pm 
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman

wait - so the torso is a solid chunk of plastic? it's not soft goods?

:intensifies:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 am 

Got my Star Wars TFA 6" Black Series figures today. Well they arrived at the office on Friday but I took the day off for a long weekend out of town. Anyway, the Rey w/ BB-8 figure is nice for what it is. BB-8 needed a little paint work to really be awesome. His head got a nice dirty wash but the body was completely clean. Rather than try to remove the wash on the head I just applied a light wash to the body to even it out a bit. Still needs another light coat in the panel lines but it looks a LOT better. Also BB-8 has more articulation than I expected. His head is on a double barbell ball joint. He's got a ball joint in the head and in the body. There is enough clearance between the head and body to allow for some great expression in that joint. And he balances really well too. I was worried he wouldn't sit well without a cup stand or something but he's weighted in the bottom near perfectly. Just a teensy adjustments of the head and he'll sit up straight unassisted.

The First Order Stormtroopers are very cool. Nice solid figures. The only downside is that due to the design of the costume the elbows are a single swivel/hinge joint and not a double joint like previous Troopers. But that's due to the costume design with the ribbed rubber undersuit. It does hinder the arm articulation and won't allow some dynamic posing with the 2 pistols. But aside from that they are great figures and look really good with the regular Clone Troopers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:30 am 
DarkJedi'd

Today I got a package from TRU in the mail.

I had purchased f of the 2-packs.

Blowtorch/Croc Master
Steel Brigade/Iron Grenadier
Spirit/Storm Shadow
Shipwreck/Cobra Commander

I really like that Shipwreck. Hasbro needs to put a squad (heck another 7 pack) of these with different heads and various forearms. Sorta like a sea version of the Steel Brigade if need be.

Not sure what to do with Cobra Commander. Trying to rack my brain to come up with a use for that uniform-maybe formal diplomatic dinner Cobra Commander? He gives me a pre-Joker Red Hood feeling, but I might just go with my initial feeling when I first saw the figure pics-Cobra Valet. With the right head, a small group of these guys could be part of Cobra Commander's housekeeping staff, sort of like those entrusted to see to the Pope's Apartment.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 379  Next

It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:20 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])