Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:28 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: If you could do anything with the Joe line...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:14 am 

I think Hasbro needs to find some one who can create a great video game for them to appeal to the 10-14 age group.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:05 pm 

AdrienVeidt wrote:
momaw nadon wrote:
I think we just have to face it that the action figure market is on the way out, as an adult driven line would fail if sold at retail over time, do to rising costs and space constraints that ever collector faces at some time.

momaw nadon

FTFY. The biggest reason adult product fails over time is that none of the companies do any market research of any true reality. The closest Hasbro's ever done for researching what the adult collector wants is that lame Kindle Worlds figure poll that's gonna end up nothing more than a repainted cobble of parts already in the library. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Doesn't even have to be retail driven, as collectors of something along what we collect here, we are cheap. That is the biggest thing facing Joes. Anyone that grew up with them remembers the price point of an action figure to be about 2-3+ and we had some really great figures at that price. It gets harder for me to pull the trigger on the $10+ a figure, and I totally stopped buying Star Wars figures, as they are total junk for what you get $12+ a figure. Don't get me started on the 5POA figures, as I can believe they are trying to push that one people and wonder why sells tank. I might pick some up, if they are on sale and they have something I really want, other than that I don't even look anymore. Plus they are pushing more and more repaints in the black line that were already out before at a cheaper price. Don't see how that line will keep afloat for any length of time.

If you are trying to compare Joes to something like the Masterpiece Transformers or the MOTU thing Mattel has going on, they are basically a new line with what collectors wanted in the first place for those type lines. Hasbro would still just kill the line, if they tried to do this as we already have a format we want and we just don't want to pay the prices that they would charge us for an all adult line. That is the bottom line. As we can say that we would pay the price, if they bring the product, but everyone knows that is not the case. We have proven that time and time again.

Even on the Star Wars boards there are talks of playsets. I know there are many that want them, or they say they do. Even Joe boards ring true on those words, though there are very few that would pay for something like $500+ for an updated USS Flagg. As that would be about the price they would drop on something like that in todays market. Even with all the people that really want something like that, I see them hitting clearance shelves and again we proved to them that we don't really know what we want, so they just try and keep the same road they have always done with focusing towards kids or what they think kids are wanting. If that was an online thing only, sales would be much worst for something like it as shipping would just about push the total to $700+ maybe more.

You can say all you want about adult toy collecting, but facts are we only make up about 25% of total market sales and that is for things that are short lived. Take it like this, as you would have to be a billionaire and have somewhat like an aircraft hanger for something like a 737 to collect everything we have got Joe wise (from 80s to now), if it was an adult driven line in todays market. How many people fit that? And even more so, how many fit that and collect Joes? Doesn't really add up for a company like Hasbro to really put down any real investment on for longevity in line/sales.

Though I don't fault anyone for wanting to do things their way. There are many things I would like to do with it myself.

momaw nadon

My Brawlingness
or to view and/or leave Brawlingness click feedback button below

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:01 am 

Get the director of Guadians of the Galaxy to reset gi joe movie verse. But i would keep the Rock he's cool.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:25 pm 

Bring back the original adventure aspect of the 12 inch Joes. Exploration, myths and legends, undiscovered cultures and history, even throw in some cryptozoology for the fun factor from bigfoot to the wampus beast.

http://capolan.tripod.com/- Some Stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:11 am 

Cap wrote:
Bring back the original adventure aspect of the 12 inch Joes. Exploration, myths and legends, undiscovered cultures and history, even throw in some cryptozoology for the fun factor from bigfoot to the wampus beast.

I agree a new Adventure Team would be great. Heck Chap Mei is already doing it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:28 pm 
DarkJedi'd

The first thing I would do is not saturate the line with multiple releases of the same character and design.

If Blowtorch gets released in one wave, that's it.

Of the more popular characters like Duke or Snake-Eyes, they would not get more than one figure released unless the design is completely different. I would do a single card version and then maybe do a set of 3/4/6/7 that was maybe environment-themed. Maybe put Duke and Snake-Eyes in winter gear in a set with other figures.

There is enough characters and designs and parts available to give us an ample supply of new figure releases.

I think we've seen enough base parts released we could do a Sky Patrol set (we already have the Slipstream, Strato-Viper, Motor-Viper, Lift-Ticket). I'd use a Data-Viper body and at least a torso that has a sweater as a start for the last two).

I'd seriously look at what parts have been used/are available and then look at the ARAH line to see what those parts were used for. Super Trooper and Rapid Fire can be *unlocked* because those parts have already been used now for the ME line...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:38 am 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

johnwayne wrote:
I think Hasbro needs to find some one who can create a great video game for them to appeal to the 10-14 age group.

Agreed.
RTS, TCG or MOBA on IOS could do the trick.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:28 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])