Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:26 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Why these shoulders hurt?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:44 pm 

Yeah.... so I'm working on --- classified project--- , My biggest worry with this custom was initially cracking the torso.... but now it's getting the torso to work with the arms.

I'm using RoC arms on a 25th figure... and there's enough of a variation somewhere to keep the torso from clicking shut completely. I think it could be the shoulders. I've considered taking a drill bit to it to make the arm-hole a might wider, but would rather double-check my strategy before potentially wrecking another torso.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Why these shoulders hurt?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:58 pm 

I have trimmed the shoulder peg thing several times to make it fit inside a torso better. Carefully trim a little at a time and test fit until it fits.

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:26 pm 

Trim the shoulder peg (round part) down so it sits flush inside the cavity. Then try putting the torso together to see if it's flush.

If you don't want to shave that peg down, the alternative would be making the gap it sits in a bit larger, usually by trimming with an exacto.

Oneforceleader, Rambo, ronin, Silent Master, Suburbanator
toy-nutz, Tsunami, Wowboy, pugsley, spin doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:27 pm 
Foreign Vehicle Driver
Foreign Vehicle Driver

I wish you had pics. You could drill the hole a little bigger. Maybe sand the pegs. Hard to say.

:ghost::mayor:
emoticons by Sapper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:40 pm 

You could also switch the shoulder joints from the 25th upper arms with the ROC upper arms. Carefully make a cut between the joint and back of the shoulder and then you'll be able to remove the shoulder joints from all the arms and switch them out. There's probably a tutorial for this somewhere :/

You don't need to crack a torso open doing it this way either. A dip in hot water will help soften the arms so the joints are easier to remove in set back in place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:46 am 

daremo wrote:
You could also switch the shoulder joints from the 25th upper arms with the ROC upper arms. Carefully make a cut between the joint and back of the shoulder and then you'll be able to remove the shoulder joints from all the arms and switch them out. There's probably a tutorial for this somewhere :/

You don't need to crack a torso open doing it this way either. A dip in hot water will help soften the arms so the joints are easier to remove in set back in place.

Yeah, sadly the 25th arms DID get messed up in the vice.

They was crappy arms anyways.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:16 am 
HATES Mattel

Yeah, without pics it's impossible to know if it's the width of the peg or the disc. The width of the peg is important as the arm will flop loosely if you skinnify it too much, but the disc only has to be wider that the peg hole made when the chest halves come together. I'd start on the disc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:22 pm 

I will open up the shoulder inset hole by twirling an exacto knife blade around it. Easier to remove smaller parts than using a drill without over doing it.

Another approach I've used is to completely gut the interior area that holds the shoulder in place. After the innards are gone, I place epoxy into empty spot. To create the perfect fit for the shoulder inset, I push the shoulder inset into the epoxy. Remove the shoulder inset and let the epoxy cure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:43 pm 

I have done some shaving... sadly in the wrong spots. One arm is a might too loose, but I'm sure I can fix that with some superglue.

I did post pictures in here.

viewtopic.php?f=121&t=44817

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:26 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])