Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 8:24 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tempest
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:16 pm 

Based on the early 2000's Action Man villain.

The Hasbro UK toy featured a wild haircut that was halfway between Guile and Bozo the Clown. I tried several times to sculpt it, but couldn't get it to look right. Finally I just sculpted it as long slicked-back hair and let the paint do the work.

Attachments:
tempest front jc.jpg
tempest front jc.jpg [ 208.09 KiB | Viewed 557 times ]
tempest back jc.jpg
tempest back jc.jpg [ 219.01 KiB | Viewed 557 times ]
tempest WIP jc.jpg
tempest WIP jc.jpg [ 199.49 KiB | Viewed 557 times ]
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Tempest
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:45 pm 

that is a wild one! the wip is very useful and answers my questions! his boots look like they should have big magnets in them :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:03 am 

Oh nice! I'm a fan of throwbacks like this! I never watched the show but I wonder sometimes about it. You gonna do anymore?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:51 pm 

Thanks, guys.

The boots are from an Imaginext Sinestro, and yes, they are big clunkers!

I have done most of the Council of Doom now:

http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/custo ... ncilofdoom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:01 pm 

i;ve been meaning to ask about your imaginext stockpile :) do you have a good amount of the shoulder pad/armor/helmet pieces?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:10 pm 

how did you get a select list of your customs like that, it's very cool and handy! i remember all these but not as action man stuff, just awesome customs. i just was searching for the lizardx or snap the other day but saw none for sale. it would make for a great giant lizard for 4" figures. you should cast kits of that x-robot! it looks better than a lot of production robot henchmen! i notice that clear red? colored headcast. i have several different sculpts in all kinds of colors people have given me over the years. any ideas who made them?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:37 am 

I have a handful of them to keep using. I've even been able to use the hands and feet a few times, but not the torsos/heads/arms yet. I tried using a head for a masked figure I'm working on, but it looked to cartoony.

The list is just the tag for "councilofdoom".

That clear red head is a cast I made of the ARAH Toxo-Viper, if I remember correctly. It's just clear resin with red food dye added to it.

As far as making kits, that's above my abilities in casting. I can do heads or solid pieces. Things that require rivets or screws or outside of my range. In fact, I don't do much casting anymore. I just go to Starwarsgeek on eBay and get whatever he's made that's closest to what I'm envisioning for a project.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 8:24 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])