Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:19 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Captain Zargon
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:05 am 

Next up on the list of "Proto-Villains", we have Captain Zargon! He was the arch enemy of the Action Man Space Rangers. He was special in that he was a space pirate. He was armed with a unique telescopic gun sword as well has his trademark "stingray eyes" if he ever popped up his visor. His body had circuitry on the stomach and inner and outer legs suggesting he was partially a cyborg. There was no doubt his design was partially inspired by Star Wars' Darth Vader. His green skin tone is an homage to the box art which I feel was intended to be more accurate to his look.

Original:

Homage:

He was made by using a modded Steel Brigade helmet; 7-Up bottle for the working visor; Nano-Viper belt, head, forearms and legs; Neo-Viper's upper body, arms and hips; unsure who the Cobra Pauldrons come from but they were combined with the Nano-Viper's webgear to make it a solitary, working webgear; 25th Anniversary speargun slightly modded; satin black cape and glued on sticker decals copied directly from the original toy. He was a lot of fun work!

Question: Should i make the pupils of his eyes small and round like the authentic figure to help make him look even closer to him? Thanks.

*Update!*

Not much to say except this revisit was bound to happen. I've been intending to finish off his overall look. I removed the holster on his belt after upgrading his harpoon gun into his Laser Sword accessory. I think it came out ok. Upgraded using a nail, slice of pen ink container, slice of credit card, and epoxy putty.

Last edited by 8bitboy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Captain Zargon
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:06 am 

he is very cool! the 7up bottle visor is amazing. i think the pupils would look cool, but not necessary, if you could paint glow in the dark paint just over the eyes it would be creepy cool.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:16 am 

2DARK2C wrote:
he is very cool! the 7up bottle visor is amazing. i think the pupils would look cool, but not necessary, if you could paint glow in the dark paint just over the eyes it would be creepy cool.

Glow in the dark paint! That's brilliant! If I do it, I'll definitely make his eyes smaller by painting green paint around the cornea. Time to do a little research. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:48 am 
Plug
Plug

That is really cool. I think going with the box art instead of the toy is the better option. It makes him look waaay more interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:04 am 

*Update!*

Not much to say except this revisit was bound to happen. I've been intending to finish off his overall look. I removed the holster on his belt after upgrading his harpoon gun into his Laser Sword accessory. I think it came out ok. Upgraded using a nail, slice of pen ink container, slice of credit card, and epoxy putty. The handle guard should be rounder but I was basing the design on just a few images so bummer there. I may fix it later.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:30 pm 

i love custom weapons! this one rocks!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:04 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:

Good to read and thanks! Anything to bring the characters just that much more closer to their original.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:57 pm 
Plug
Plug

What a great update! I almost expected a Lady Jaye javelin or Snake Eyes v3 blow gun. I love that it wasn't based on either of those.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:01 pm 

Great work!

I wasn't familiar at all with the original figure, but it looks like you nailed it!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:00 am 

2DARK2C wrote:

Thanks! Yea this one needed to happen. Every time I looked at him he didn't look close enough and that bothered me.

pluv wrote:
What a great update! I almost expected a Lady Jaye javelin or Snake Eyes v3 blow gun. I love that it wasn't based on either of those.

I didn't even think of that! Haha! Glad I didn't. The cobbled together parts makes this feel more authentic.

past nastification wrote:
Great work!

I wasn't familiar at all with the original figure, but it looks like you nailed it!

I nailed him enough but this image finishes it!

Of all the customs so far, Zargon required the most conceptual work and revisits due to the sheer amount of details the original figure had. I really wish Captain Zargon were a more realized character in fiction. He seems like he would have been very interesting.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:19 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])