Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2024 2:56 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Reign of the Serpent: Black Dragon Alliance (4 customs)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:38 am 

(Here come the ninjas...and the text!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excerpt from Personal Communication
To: Emperor Serpentor
From: Praetor Thomas, emissary to the Black Dragon Alliance

"...and although reports of the Arashikage ninja clan reforming under the leadership of the so-called Phoenix Master have reached us, as well, we have no reason to believe they are anything more than rumors or exaggerations. Though there have been sporadic attacks made by small bands of ninja, I see nothing that indicates anything more than a few wayward survivors of the Black Dragon's massacre of the Arashikage foolishly attempting to seek revenge. The leader of the Black Dragon, who is known to his subjects only as Aleph, concurs with me. And even if we are wrong, the Black Dragon have defeated the Arashikage before, and they can do so again, perhaps with even greater ease. Their armies of ninja--brainwashed to the point of absolute loyalty, thanks to Dr. Venom's prototype brainwave scanner--have grown significantly, thanks to the assimilation of those Arashikage ninja unfortunate enough to be captured alive. They will march against their former clan without second thought, utterly oblivious to what they once were. We have nothing to fear from the Arashikage; they will not be a thorn in your side when you decide to take East Asia."

Black Dragon Ninja Drones
parts:
Heads: Custom cast from 25th Storm Shadow v2 mounted on Kamakura v3 neckball
Everything Else: Kamakura/Tigerclaw

(I'm happy with how these turned out, but I hate customizing army builders...way too repetitive. I left their eyes white to indicate being brainwashed)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excerpt from Field Report:
To: Storm Shadow, Phoenix Master of the Arashikage Clan

"I've managed to successfully infiltrate the Black Dragon Alliance, as you requested. In all honesty, it wasn't that hard; basically, you just walk around in a daze all day doing what your told without ever speaking. Seriously, these drones are creepy as hell to be around. As you asked, I've managed to gather some intel on the "Black Dragon Leader," Aleph. Not a ton, though...it's a bit difficult asking questions when you can't speak without blowing your cover. Really, all I can tell you is that you might want to start doubling your training efforts. In addition to being one of the better fighters I've ever seen, he's also got a knack for strategy. Remember the way the survivors of the massacre said the Black Dragon descended on the Arashikage temple? I'm starting to think that that was one of his more poorly planned attacks. This guy runs combat simulations almost constantly. About a week ago he was on a wild hair, trying to show how Serpentor could have more efficiently conquered the United States. I think he was trying to intimidate Praetor Thomas. He ended up coming up with strategies that shaved entire months off of Serpentor's time. I know you've heard the rumors about the fate of the DNA collector that contained Sun Tzu's genetic material, the one Cobra lost. I think that mystery may be solved..."

Black Dragon Leader
Parts:
Head: Cobra Officer (modified)
Arms: 25th Serpentor
Upper legs: VvV Storm Shadow
Armor: 25th Serpentor
Everything Else: 25th Storm Shadow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excerpt from personal communication
To: Storm Shadow, Phoenix Master of the Arashikage Clan

I cannot take the waiting any longer. If you will not act, then I must. We know where the man who killed Budo, my husband and your brother-in-arms, and we're just letting him live! We cannot let Kano sink back into the shadow of the underworld! So he has allied himself with the Black Dragon for now...that does not mean he will be there for long! I tracked him halfway across the world, cousin, and I do not intend to lose this opportunity to rid it of him. The man is a sociopath and a murderer. He has a victim-list longer than anyone knows. He's run with the Dreadnoks, the Coil, even Serpentor's forces (the ones who replaced the eye Budo took from him in his dying moments). And now he's with the Black Dragon. I know it jeopardizes your larger strategy, and I am sorry. But I must act now. Tomorrow I will confront Kano on the Black Dragon's training grounds. I will most likely die, but so will he.

Kano:
Parts:
Head: SW Koffi Arana (modified)
Arms: Dreadnok Ripper
Legs: 25th Firefly
Torso/Waist: 25th Storm Shadow
(This is the only crossover character in my project...Kano's filecard always said he was a member of the Black Dragon, which I know is completely different in the MK universe, but still, I considered him fair game)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Excerpt from Personal Journal
Source: Aleph, the Black Dragon Leader

"I do not relish dealing with people such as this Firefly, mercenaries with loyalties bought and sold in shadows. Still, he has proven a necessary evil. His time with the Arashikage clan gave him information that proved valuable when we were planning our attack on their homelands. And I feel his knowledge of the Phoenix Master will prove valuable during our next campaign against them. Still, I cannot help but worry that Firefly has ambitions beyond what we can buy, and I know for a fact that he is drawing a salary from Serpentor as well, though the reason for this I have yet to ascertain. I fear I may have to eliminate him after we deal with the Arashikage. He cannot interfere with our larger plans. Serpentor fairs well in Europe. But once he has defeated Destro and turns his eyes to our corner of the world, he will learn, as Cobra Commander did, that one cannot always trust their own creations.

Firefly:
Parts:
Head: 25th Zartan (heavily modified)
Upper Legs: 25th Duke
Hands: 25th Firefly
Everything Else: 25th Zartan
(I have a feeling this is going to be the one people don't like...but I've always liked the v2 Firefly look, so I went with it. I made him not match the others, as he's just a mercenary hire.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....aaaaand thank you for reading. Here's a group shot:

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Reign of the Serpent: Black Dragon Alliance (4 customs)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:26 am 
Formerly JFAK075

Nice work on all of them, but that Kano really shines. The head is dead on for him.

My customs- http://s1069.photobucket.com/albums/u468/keenan42/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:26 am 
Snake Staked

WOW, thems some bad ass looking ninjas!
I think Kano is my personal favorite, with firefly and BDL a very close second.
Outstanding work on all of them bro!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:35 am 

Nice work all around but Firefly is my favorite. I always thought the V2 was a neat look but was severely held back by the neon green.

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:22 pm 

Wow, [LASER BLAST]. I totally LOVE that you included Kano in your universe, and the custom really shines bright like the mid-day sun. Firefly is pretty awesome too. Never expected to see a 25A version of that particulay Firefly, but he looks really good.

"i love you, Lance Sputnik." (Joemichales70)

:lacespudneck: :mindbender:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:13 pm 

great work here. the mods look flawless. Only thing I'm not sold on are the heads on the black dragon troopers. they seem a bit too small to me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:55 pm 

Man those are great, I think I may have to go back and rethink my Black Dragon Clan. It's funny though in my Joeverse the Black Dragons also control East Asia. I guess creative minds think alike. Check out my Black Dragon Clan customs and let me know what you think, I would love to get your feedback.

By the way your Firefly and Kano are OFF THE HOOK!

"In the Oneverse, There is One known world, One enemy, One hope, Oneforce!!"

In the One verse, there is One world, one enemy, One hope,......ONEFORCE!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:09 pm 
JC Podcaster
JC Podcaster

Wow, those all look great. Nice touch with no eyes= brain-washing. Kano fits in too perfect. Never though I'd see a V.2 FF using 25th parts, but you've done an excellent job. Great job mixing parts from the different lines. I have yet to be brave enough to try cracking open a 25th torso. Knowing my luck it'd shatter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:20 am 

wow that looks great, I love the Black Dragon and its cool as hell to see MKs black dragon combined, this is exactly what I do too.

Love the Kano love the leader and love the troops

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:18 am 
Like Indiana Jones, only colder

Impressive work, specially Kano and Firefly. Does Jinx have a chance against Kano? He looks like a bad dude.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2024 2:56 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])