Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:03 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Latest WIP
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:32 pm 

Just got started a few minutes ago. Still need to throw on some Green Stuff & paint it, so I should have the finished pics up by tomorrow AM.

The hat does look a tad big (bigger than it actually is because of the shadows in the pics), but not near as huge as it does on "Geezer Indy" - and I'm watching Raiders right now for "inspiration", and his hat looks about right compared to "real life", so I figure once everything's painted it'll look just fine.

Here's a comparison shot with factory Indy & my custom from a few years back:

Anyway, stay tuned for updates!

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Latest WIP
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:49 pm 

Good job! That is exactly how I was going to make him. But I have a question. Did the Indy arms not fit the Shippy torso? If not, did you try to switch out the shoulder joints?

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:58 pm 

The Indy shoulders have a different pegs than the Joe arms (you have to boil-n-pop them to get them out of the Indy sockets)- I had planned to use the whole Indy arm, but it would require too much modding. The Duke uppers were close enough and the Indy lowers popped in perfectly (and gave the arms a bit more length), so since I have to repaint them anyway, I figured it was easier not to risk jacking up the articulation.

But the Shippy torso is the only one that will work with the Indy jacket/vest and look right (since the Indy torso is so damn thin.) Don't know if I'll use Shipwreck or Duke as my base when I make my jacket-less Indy.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:02 pm 
Formerly JFAK075

Very nice, Dan. I've been going back and forth on modding the figure. I love having a new Indy, but he just misses the mark for me.
Love what you've done so far.

My customs- http://s1069.photobucket.com/albums/u468/keenan42/

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:44 pm 

That's brilliant Chief, i was wondering when somebody was gonna do a Indy/Joe combo custom, i can't wait to see him finished.

I like her and your idea of adding the 3rd shade in her pants

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:02 pm 

Dammit Chief! You're making me want to actually track one of these Indy figures down for myself to bash like this. Can we get any upclose shots of the leg bash where the Indy legs meet the Shipwreck legs? I'm curious how you joined the two together.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:19 pm 

looks cool so far, that'll be quick to finish him up in a day..but you are quick at these custom jobs and that's good too...
Tim

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:29 pm 
Like Indiana Jones, only colder

looks very good. cant wait to see the finished figure. I'm not even suprised that your figure looks a lot better than the production piece.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:41 pm 
JC Podcaster
JC Podcaster

Looks great so far. Great parts choices. I agree with seeing pics of the leg mods. I've been contemplating piecing the two ROTLA Indy's to get a fully articulated jacketless version. I think your idea is better.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:42 pm 

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
Dammit Chief! You're making me want to actually track one of these Indy figures down for myself to bash like this. Can we get any upclose shots of the leg bash where the Indy legs meet the Shipwreck legs? I'm curious how you joined the two together.

The first pic above shows where I chopped the Shippy legs & Indy legs -- I just Xacto-sawed the Shippy legs as far up as I could without screwing up the t-hook, then I cut the Indy legs right below the "crotch" of the Indy fig and glued them in place (had to sit there and fiddle with length so he was the right height.)

Then I used some Green Stuff to meld them together. The legs were just tacked together with SuperGlue - the Green Stuff is what's really holding them together.

-- Looks like "LASER BLAST" now, but once it cures & I sand it down, it should be pretty seamless. I also padded his ass a little (not shown, because you a-holes are already going to used the "padded ass" comment against me ;) ) so that he didn't look like a guy with a 26" waist and baggy pants. Once he's painted and his belt & jacket are in place, the narrow waist should hardly be noticeable.

Thanks for the comments guys - - I'm hoping I can find some German troops & the cargo truck tomorrow so I can "unveil" finished Indy with some decent dio shots :D

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:16 pm 
Asado eater
Asado eater

Pretty good looking so far...

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:38 pm 

[quote="Chief
I also padded his ass a little

a guy with a 26" waist and baggy pants.

the narrow waist should hardly be noticeable.

Thanks for the comments guys - - I'm hoping I can find some German troops & the cargo truck tomorrow so I can "unveil" finished Indy with some decent dio shots :D[/quote]

Dan... If you were not such an awsome customizer... the zingers would come out... But lets leave everything in the 'closet'. I cant wait for you to complete this custom. I know he will kick so much PADDED BUTT its not funny.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:42 pm 

crowncoke wrote:
Dan... If you were not such an awsome customizer... the zingers would come out... But lets leave everything in the 'closet'. I cant wait for you to complete this custom. I know he will kick so much PADDED BUTT its not funny.

Stop it, Lance -- you're making my padded ass blush....:embarassed:

:P

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:43 pm 
Donor
Donor

Chief great work my man,I am sure alot of people going to foloow your lead.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:09 am 

I was scoping out the Indy figures last night... So tempted to try this... but no Shippys to sacrafice...

Am thinking a different direction, and will let you know if i try it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:03 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])