Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 10:33 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3.75 in Mortal Kombat
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:43 am 

I grabbed the cyber ninja 3 pack today and I love them. I am definitely buying more MK based on these, despite the fact that the arm fell right off Cyrax when I popped him out of the package. The pin in the elbow joint wasn't inserted completely. Luckily, I can fix that but I think they really need to address the joint issues. I tried for a while to pop it in, then I realized that I really needed to completely remove the forearm and heat it up so that it reverted back to its original shape. The two halves were just too far apart. After I did that and pressed the pin in place, it was just fine.

They need to design those pins to only go in one way. As they are, you have to be a good judge of how far in is enough vs how far may be too much. I am sure that was the source of the problem. I would have also liked some foot pegs.

I have to say that I am really impressed with the chest joint. Those can feel floppy on other figures I have. But these have a great range of motion and stay where you put them. The hips also have some great joints in them. I had Smoke giving Sektor a Van Damme style high kick.

It would be cool to get some clear green nets for Cyrax and some missiles for Sektor.

If only I could find the single carded figures or the other ninja set.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:25 am 

So I am confused. What is this wave:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=JWI10151&mode=retail

BBTS sometimes gets in shared exclusives and exclusives from other companies (with a mark-up). It looks pretty similar to this:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=JZ13225B

...which is not listed as an exclusive, just as wave 2.

Then there is this:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=JWI10132&mode=retail

Really, how different can those be compared to the classic ninja multi-pack?

Jazwares isn't helping by not having anything about them on their site.

Has anything shown up online that I just can't find?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:25 pm 
HATES Mattel

notpicard wrote:
So I am confused. What is this wave:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=JWI10151&mode=retail

BBTS sometimes gets in shared exclusives and exclusives from other companies (with a mark-up). It looks pretty similar to this:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=JZ13225B

...which is not listed as an exclusive, just as wave 2.

You'll note that BBTS has a listing for an exclusive assortment of figs, not an exclusive product. That would imply a special paintjob or whatnot, or at least in exclusive packaging. But offering an assortment simply means they're breaking open the cases EE is listing to get the customer the only individuals they really want, and selling the odd leftovers singly.

Quote:
Then there is this:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=JWI10132&mode=retail

Really, how different can those be compared to the classic ninja multi-pack?

Jazwares isn't helping by not having anything about them on their site.

Has anything shown up online that I just can't find?

Is the set currently showing up at TRU an exclusive of theirs? I don't recall anything saying that, so TRU's just the first to get the ninja 5packs on the shelves. I'd be surprised if they show up at any other brick-n-mortar stores, tho.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:00 pm 

My TRU got the singles in, i got both Sub-Zero and Scorpion 3 3/4 inch figures, no sign of the big ninja pack or the 3 packs.

I like her and your idea of adding the 3rd shade in her pants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:02 pm 

I saw the Scorpion and Sub Zero 3 3/4" figs at TRU, wayyyyy overpriced at $9.99 each.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:08 pm 
Snake Staked

One of the biggest flaws Jazwares has? the TRU exclusivity. They only just started selling through Target but Target seems to be getting less stuff. I don't know if they're buying less or if Jazwares is offering them less than TRU gets. I have also heard the reason that Walmart doesn't stock their stuff is because they don't want to sell through WM. It really seems like they're limiting themselves on purpose.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:52 pm 

I can't blame companies for avoiding Wal-Mart, especially when you know you are in a niche market where your customers will go elsewhere to seek out your product. Jazwares isn't counting on sales to parents.

Is Target getting in MK?

And what is the deal with the wave 1 4" listings including Jax and Johnny Cage at BBTS 9but no Scorpion)....or Raiden and Johnny Cage at EE but no one is finding those? Something is already screwy with these releases. Jazwares has a facebook page. I am surprised they don't set things straight now that figures are hitting shelves.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:47 pm 

JBYRDD wrote:
My TRU got the singles in, i got both Sub-Zero and Scorpion 3 3/4 inch figures, no sign of the big ninja pack or the 3 packs.

They had the 3 pk at the TRU in Aurora but no singles.

[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:43 pm 
Code Name: Speed Bump

My TRUs have jack squat & it's pissing me off. The worker asked me yesterday if I was finding everything okay & I told him I haven't been able to find anything at a TRU in years and that they never stock anything. His response? "Yeah... I know."

Hopefully the 3 pack'll show up soon; it's the only thing I've seen so far that I'm interested in.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:12 pm 

I had to travel all the way to South Carolina to get my single packs :)

These are equally as cool as the cyber ninjas. Is it me or is the Scorpion twist tie thrown in for a reason? It makes a great tether for the spearhead and can be posed mid-flight for action poses. I'm looking forward to the rest of the figures now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:47 pm 

Well, I finally picked up the cyber-ninjas three-pack featuring Cyrax, Sektor, and Smoke.

Given that this was JazWares and my previous experience with them some years ago with their first batch of larger MK figures was frankly dismal, I wasn't expecting much here.

The figures are -- hmm -- surprisingly decent. Good sculpting, excellent range of articulation, neatly painted, decently solid.

Only complaint? Assembly is a little slipshod. Anything with a ball-and-socket joint, such as the head, and I think the mid-torso is all right, as are most of the swivel/rotations such as the wrists. Anything with a PEG, like the elbows and knees, is another matter. The Cyrax figure has a loose lower leg because the peg wasn't pushed all the way through. Same with the arms on Sektor.

I can PROBABLY fix this on my own, as I suspect most of us could, given our customizing background. But it's still way more slipshod than a professional company should be producing. The point is I shouldn't HAVE to be considering fixing this.

The figures stand well, although their legs are a little weird in their pose, like one of them shoots out a little further than the others.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give them an 8.5 to 9 on everything but assembly, which would get a 5.5 to a 6. And honestly, those are a lot higher marks than I expected to give them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:34 am 

Same problem I had, Trekker. The left elbow on my Cyrax was really bad. I found that removing the pin altogether, then reverting the forarm back to its original shape with some heat (just like bent hands for Joes when a rubber banded accessory delivers them disfigured). After that, it was a lot more managable.

Really, this could have been avoided with a little poka yoke. One end of the pin needs to be significantly larger than the hole so it can't push through. But they didn't do that and so you have to find just the right spot when you reassemble.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:58 pm 

I picked up the Singles of Scorpion and Sub Zero and was impressed with them. I did not have the issue that many have mentioned with them falling apart (just lucky). I know that the TRU up in ClarksVegas had the Street Fighter (passed on those) as well as the MK singles and 3 Pack. Still waiting on the Ninja Box set and Ninja Singles. I wish that they had better QC on thier products but am glad to see them released.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:05 pm 

What section of the store are these in?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:07 pm 

The "adult collector" aisle. The aisle with the Halo and NECA toys.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next

It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 10:33 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])