Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:40 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: GIJOE Archer?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:16 pm 

When I saw the Archer in the case at JoeCon, I asked Lanny about him. He knew nothing about it and had me show him it. He was truley surprised at him. Lanny really liked the way he looked and said he would love to release something like him, but Hasbro has say on what they use, even if they (the Club) paid for the mold.

I would not mind seeing the Archer AT Joe show up in FSS2. Use a card back like they did with the other AT figures and we are good to go.

Though I wonder if Hasbro is planning to release these guys when Jurrasic Park is re-released in 3D this year. That would be a good time to it.

Rock Sugar
Because Pop Rocks!

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:35 pm 
Snake Staked

sgartz wrote:
I'd actually be happy to see Hasbro gain access to some of the club-exclusive parts: there are a couple of heads that would be great to get at mass retail (unlikely, I know, but at least that would open the door a crack).

Actually, any of those exclusive parts are owned by Hasbro and can be used by them at any point. However, the molds from those parts are usually made from a different material than Hasbro typically uses and don't last long.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:28 pm 
LOVES Mattel

toy-nutz wrote:
When I saw the Archer in the case at JoeCon, I asked Lanny about him. He knew nothing about it and had me show him it. He was truley surprised at him. Lanny really liked the way he looked and said he would love to release something like him, but Hasbro has say on what they use, even if they (the Club) paid for the mold.

I would not mind seeing the Archer AT Joe show up in FSS2. Use a card back like they did with the other AT figures and we are good to go.

Though I wonder if Hasbro is planning to release these guys when Jurrasic Park is re-released in 3D this year. That would be a good time to it.

Waaaaaaait.

When was the Archer ever in a JoeCon case?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:01 pm 

Jay wrote:
Waaaaaaait.

JoeDeclassified sets up a booth each year where you can see a number of items that collectors bring so we can all enjoy them together in person. It is a wide range of items...rare international stuff, vintage prototypes, sketches, recent preproduction stuff, rare comics, and even preproduction halloween masks from the whole history of G.I.Joe.

This year, we had the archer in the case that held some modern preproduction items. Check out the podcast. We talk all about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:12 pm 

notpicard wrote:
Jay wrote:
Waaaaaaait.

JoeDeclassified sets up a booth each year where you can see a number of items that collectors bring so we can all enjoy them together in person. It is a wide range of items...rare international stuff, vintage prototypes, sketches, recent preproduction stuff, rare comics, and even preproduction halloween masks from the whole history of G.I.Joe.

This year, we had the archer in the case that held some modern preproduction items. Check out the podcast. We talk all about it.

Yeah, JoeDeclassified is a great booth that must be checked everyday! They switch things out and put up new stuff everyday! When I saw them putting the Archer and Zanzibar hunter along with a mis painted Land Adventurer I was hoping they were something the Club was planning. Thus why I went to ask Lanny.

Rock Sugar
Because Pop Rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:59 am 

notpicard wrote:
Jay wrote:
Waaaaaaait.

If anyone has not had a chance to see the JoeDeclassified booth in person, I highly recommend it. It is chock full of amazing items from all facets of Joedom. Also be sure to take time to chat with the folks mannning the booth and ask questions. You will learn alot.
The Podcast is the next best thing. Every episode opens my eyes to aspects of Joe history I never knew. It wasn't until I heard this episode that I learned about Hasbro wanting to re-release the original headquarters at some point, which I think would have been amazing!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:41 am 
Mr. Goggles R.I.P.
Mr. Goggles R.I.P.

Thanks for all the support!!!!! Even I learn a ton of stuff every episode and I'm on the damn podcast.
(If you haven't listened to the podcast click the link in my sig).

Of course we'd record an episode about the canceled JP stuff and a week after it is posted... this figure
shows up from overseas with a different head. :verymad: heheheh.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:27 pm 

Pyre wrote:
sgartz wrote:
I'd actually be happy to see Hasbro gain access to some of the club-exclusive parts: there are a couple of heads that would be great to get at mass retail (unlikely, I know, but at least that would open the door a crack).

Actually, any of those exclusive parts are owned by Hasbro and can be used by them at any point. However, the molds from those parts are usually made from a different material than Hasbro typically uses and don't last long.

Hate to ask this BUT...... You know all that how?????? You act and sound like a :hasbro: insider but yet most times you've been proven wrong...

[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:43 pm 
Snake Staked

People who have worked with Hasbro, such as people who have run the conventions before, have said so. Ask around yourself if you don't believe me. Any information I put forth is out there if you look for it and pay attention. Granted mine comes from the Transformers side of things. I have friends who have worked closely with people who deal with Hasbro all the time and who have even talked to Hasbro employees themselves. I'm not just pulling information out of my ass. Being friends with those people and hearing what they report and reading the information that comes through those channels, you tend to pick up some information. If you don't want to believe it, that's your choice, but this stuff is all out there and freely available if you choose to search it out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:17 pm 
Hi, beav. Playing cards?
Hi, beav. Playing cards?

EEP? :shifty:

Ignore the man behind the curtain...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:02 am 

Pyre wrote:
People who have worked with Hasbro, such as people who have run the conventions before, have said so. Ask around yourself if you don't believe me. Any information I put forth is out there if you look for it and pay attention. Granted mine comes from the Transformers side of things. I have friends who have worked closely with people who deal with Hasbro all the time and who have even talked to Hasbro employees themselves. I'm not just pulling information out of my ass. Being friends with those people and hearing what they report and reading the information that comes through those channels, you tend to pick up some information. If you don't want to believe it, that's your choice, but this stuff is all out there and freely available if you choose to search it out.

I'll go ahead and translate: "I could be lying, it's up to you to research what I say. But..believe me because...yeah, believe me."

I'll go ahead and put "research Pyre's info" on my short list of meaningful life activities to get to.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:39 pm 
Snake Staked

If you don't want to believe me, that's your choice, however it doesn't give you justification to attack me. The information I present here is common knowledge on other boards I've been a part of. Honestly, it confuses me how none of you don't know any of this stuff yourself since I know a good many of you have been around just as long as I have and frankly, it's rather sad that people here can be as hostile towards not only Hasbro and anyone affiliated with them but anyone who doesn't hold the same viewpoint of them as you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:51 pm 
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman

Hey everybody,

welcome to 'let's cool our jets' Thursday!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:55 pm 

Pyre wrote:
If you don't want to believe me, that's your choice, however it doesn't give you justification to attack me. The information I present here is common knowledge on other boards I've been a part of. Honestly, it confuses me how none of you don't know any of this stuff yourself since I know a good many of you have been around just as long as I have and frankly, it's rather sad that people here can be as hostile towards not only Hasbro and anyone affiliated with them but anyone who doesn't hold the same viewpoint of them as you.

One thing I might recommend is to footnote (and link) your sources. Many people (including myself) don't have the time to do the necessary research, plus, it's courteous to provide such links.

If you don't have the time or inclination to provide documentation, you can't be offended when people take your information as opinion, hearsay, or 'friend of a friend said...'

Just sayin'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:07 pm 
Plug
Plug

Pyre wrote:
sgartz wrote:

I hadn't heard the club uses different material for their molds. I just assumed they used whatever Hasbro was using since they use the same factories. It's plausible as that could cut down some of the production costs if they used a cheaper material. That might offset the smaller runs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:40 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])