Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 11:31 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Cobra Hammerhead: Who is the crew?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:11 pm 

Double Post nothing to see here :shifty:

Last edited by MobileBattleBunker on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:11 pm 

Decimator x 1 (as he is a named character to me)
Aqua Viper Officer x 1
Aqua Viper x 1
Sub-Viper x2
EEL x4 (figure wise for the decompression chamber and side sleds, imaginary room for team of 6 on board)

To me this is an amphibious landing vehicle with limited submersible capabilities.

Crew Rationales:
Decimator: Cobra Naval Officer whose experience with submarine warfare makes him a natural choice if you are trying to hold a shoreline. Qualified Sub Viper, Secto-Viper and EEL

Aqua Viper and Officer- Aqua Vipers are trained in basic submersible vehicle operations, sea based warfare and transitional attack techniques. Perquisites for becoming an Aqua Viper are Lamprey school with Cobra Trooper cross training. This position is a perquisite for EEL school. AVOs are in command of the vessel when Decimator is deployed. AVOs are AV who served with distinction.

Sub-Vipers - Are Aqua Vipers who pass Advanced Submersible school, Sub-Vipers work with Secto-Vipers on Cobra BUGGS as well as in individual submersibles such as the attack subs on the Hammerhead. The also serve on the crew of the Cobra Dreadnaught, a stolen Chinese sub under the command of Admiral Vicuna.

EELs- essentially equivalent to US Navy SEALs, EELs are some of the most well trained Cobra Troops. EELs have to serve as Aqua Vipers and endure Cobra Viper cross training before being eligible for EEL school. The success rate is in the single digits. EELs can advance themselves through demolitions training which makes them "Electric" EELs or Hydro-Viper school. The most distinguished EELs are promoted to Cobra Moray, essentially and EEL Officer.

Other Cobra Navy personnel not chosen and why:

Cobra Divers: While they could ride along, you wouldn't want some of your least trained personnel spearheading an amphibious landing like the kind a Hammerhead would be useful for.

Lampreys - Promoted from Cobra Divers. Lampreys are the Helmsmen of the Cobra Navy. If the Vessel floats on the water they are your men. Lampreys can apply for basic sub school to become Aqua Vipers and then advanced sub school to become Sub Vipers.

Secto-Vipers - Cobra Deep Sea Diving troops. Perquisites include ,Aqua-Viper with at least one year as an AVO and Sub-Viper. Secto-Vipers have a special school where candidates are submitted to extreme pressures to prepare them for service. A Secto-Viper's suit is one of Cobra's most expensive gear allotments. Because of this great cost and lack of deep water it would be a waste of a diver to have Secto's on board.

Hydro-Vipers - If you think the EELs are a nasty bunch the Hydro-Vipers are the guys to crazy to be EELs. EEL is the only written perquisite for Hydro-Viper as well as signing a liability waiver. Hydro Vipers are submitted to several surgeries and implants courtesy of Dr. Mindbender which allow them to function at deep depths with minimal apparatus. Few Hydro-Vipers live longer than 5 years after surgery and those that do spend less than 30% of their time out of water (some even sleep submerged) it is rumored that experiments are in the works that bond a Hydro Viper to a Sting Ray ally via intracranial link. These troops operate best at depth so Hammerheads wouldn't be the best fit.

Sea Slugs - Sea Slugs are Cobra Naval Pilots who operate Sea Ray transitional Attack submersible / low level bomber and other sea based aircraft. Sea Slugs perquisites are Aqua Viper with Air Viper Cross Training. Since none of the submersibles can fly the Sea Slugs stay home.

Undertow: Belong to the iron Grenadiers but Undertow often train with EELs. If Destro would assign them they would be a 1:1 replacement for an EEL. Perquisite is Iron Grenadier.

Other Diorama suggestions - Include named characters like Guillotine from the Plague and perhaps include the Shark Drones from EEL v2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:06 pm 

which figure is the Aqua-Viper?

[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:23 pm 
Plug
Plug

roguetiger wrote:
which figure is the Aqua-Viper?
The Aqua Viper Officer was the repainted black and red Lamprey with removable helmet that came with the Mantis sub. I don't think they ever released a regular Aqua Viper, but you'd have to assume if there is an unnamed officer there has to be troops too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:27 pm 

Yeah - I'm not right in the head. But PLUV knows my logic for that one. I would just use the AVO figure for an AV at this point and figure out a piece of gear to modify to indicate an officer. (Maybe just a silver paint app on the helmet somewhere)

I have a booklet where I have written job descriptions for every generic Cobra Trooper there is a figure for or that are referenced in any form of Joe Media (Comic, Cartoon, Book, Movie) Same is true for MARS/Iron Grenadiers, SKAR, The IRON Army, The Night Creepers, RIOT, The Black Dragon Ninja Clan, Red Ninjas, Blackstars and Red Shadows. I know, I have a problem,,,

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:00 am 

pluv wrote:
BlackTronLego wrote:
Only guestion now is do i need to treat the hammerhead and collectables with water proofing agent if i am going to keep them underwater.
It depends on the water your putting them in. Like a fishtank? An outdoor pond? A chlorinated pool? With or without fish in any of those, well except the pool I hope.

Water in a fish tank that has various living underwater plants in it. anything else added will not be a living thing.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 11:31 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])