Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:16 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

What is your collection focus now in 2013?
Only RAH 17%  17%  [ 9 ]
Mostly RAH 10%  10%  [ 5 ]
Only New Sculpt 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mostly New Sculpt 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Only Modern Era 27%  27%  [ 14 ]
Mostly Modern Era 15%  15%  [ 8 ]
Only RAH and New Sculpt 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Only New Sculpt and Modern Era 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Only RAH and Modern Era 15%  15%  [ 8 ]
All RAH, New Sculpt, and Modern Era 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 52
 Post subject: Re: State of GI Joe Collecting
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:39 pm 

Screw you guys for excluding Mighty Muggs.

"i love you, Lance Sputnik." (Joemichales70)

:lacespudneck: :mindbender:

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:09 pm 
Foreign Vehicle Driver
Foreign Vehicle Driver

Lance Sputnik wrote:
Screw you guys for excluding Mighty Muggs.

I only included relevant scales ;-)

:ghost::mayor:
emoticons by Sapper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:19 pm 

fat_kids_joes wrote:
I'm surprised rah only is currently in the lead. I was under the impression that we were a dying breed.

You got that impression from some "other" GIJoe fan site. I only collect RAH figures, vehicles, and modern vehicles that are mostly RAH design. (Skystriker, Tomahawk, VAMP, etc.) I have the 25th style figures a try. Not just a try, I had at least 100 of them I'm sure. I wasn't happy with them. They were hard to get them to say in a pose or continue to hold their weapons with the rubbery parts. So I sold them all off. The only 25th style figures I have now are the ones from the Joe/TF crossover sets. I kept those simply because they completed the sets. Strangely enough I sold off other 25th figures that were part of sets like convention figures. If my I can't figure myself out, my wife sure as hell never will! :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:20 pm 

What's Kreo...is this some form of sorcery :-/
I pick and choose on the modern era and beyond, but I'm mainly focused on RAH. Im working on completing from 82-86. I'm also trying to get together doubles of 82-85 for my long term goal of finishing out my restoration package collection....brought to you by Begger's Canyon...thank you. It is a long term goal, but I would love to have those four years in the package...I'm not in the position to buy that many originals.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:38 pm 
JC Podcaster

I use exclusively Modern Era figures for customizing as I like the detail and simplicity of disassemble (except for cracking torsos), but I will use any era accessories and vehicles for fodder.

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:49 pm 

FireFox91 wrote:
fat_kids_joes wrote:
I'm surprised rah only is currently in the lead. I was under the impression that we were a dying breed.

You got that impression from some "other" GIJoe fan site. I only collect RAH figures, vehicles, and modern vehicles that are mostly RAH design. (Skystriker, Tomahawk, VAMP, etc.) I have the 25th style figures a try. Not just a try, I had at least 100 of them I'm sure. I wasn't happy with them. They were hard to get them to say in a pose or continue to hold their weapons with the rubbery parts. So I sold them all off. The only 25th style figures I have now are the ones from the Joe/TF crossover sets. I kept those simply because they completed the sets. Strangely enough I sold off other 25th figures that were part of sets like convention figures. If my I can't figure myself out, my wife sure as hell never will! :)

This is the only site I go to with any regularity. My statement was from my observations are from what I see people posting about or making customs with etc. I happy there are more vintage only collectors than I'd assumed.

TFK
My current wants: http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22017

My Stuff for trade: http://s611.photobucket.com/tradestuff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:22 pm 

I've been kinda over Arah for a good 10 years. I almost had it all at one point, grew bored with it, and sold a lot of foreign stuff and doubles. These days, if I pick up Arah, it's in cheap lots from Craigslist or people I meet, and the vehicles I still want are rather large, so I go looking for them at conventions for something of a goal.
I'm more into modern by far nowadays. I only pick and chose what stands out to me since the nostalgia vibe wore off with it. Figures here and there, vehicles here and there.

Oneforceleader, Rambo, ronin, Silent Master, Suburbanator
toy-nutz, Tsunami, Wowboy, pugsley, spin doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:09 pm 
Nanomite enhanced

I'm definitely into modern era collecting exclusively, and pretty much only new releases. Even that is mostly limited to figures, though I did get the Eaglehawk and I have a deal in place for a Jetfire Skystriker. I think I would consider a Shark 9000 if I could find one for cheap, and I'd probably get a Cobra Transport Copter or an updated WHALE if Hasbro ever made them, but otherwise I'm probably done with vehicles (unless someone wants to trade me a Ninja Combat Cruiser for a POC or 30th VAMP or a Night Ops Humvee ... :) )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:17 pm 
Plug
Plug

bithomas wrote:
I think I would consider a Shark 9000 if I could find one for cheap,
The Shark 9000 and Hurricane are by way and away my favorite vehicles I had no idea existed until I was adult. The Equalizer is right up there too. The Shark has so much play value I honestly felt bad for not getting one sooner. Just saying, even if you have to over pay, it is worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:54 pm 
Nanomite enhanced

pluv wrote:
bithomas wrote:
I think I would consider a Shark 9000 if I could find one for cheap,
The Shark 9000 and Hurricane are by way and away my favorite vehicles I had no idea existed until I was adult. The Equalizer is right up there too. The Shark has so much play value I honestly felt bad for not getting one sooner. Just saying, even if you have to over pay, it is worth it.

Yeah, I used to have one that I somehow managed to find at a K-Mart in the late nineties (that store also still had a couple of Armor-Bots at the time), but I sold it around 2003 or 2004 when I was trying to reduce my collection a bit. I think I had the chance to get one for about $25 or so at JoeCon 2012, oddly enough from a seller whose store is close to where my wife lives, but I didn't want to transport it back with all the stuff I had already bought. I think I ended up filling up a big box as is that zombieguide had to ship back to me.

The Hurricane is definitely one of my favorite vehicles and easily my favorite Cobra plane. I was saddened when Brian Savage revealed that it was intended to be the MOTH vehicle but Hasbro had destroyed the molds for it. I'd also put the Earthquake in that list of quirky and underrated vehicles.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:10 pm 

The Sharc 9000 looks a LOT better in Whale colors than the old white and orange/blue.............

[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:19 pm 

fat_kids_joes wrote:

I think the group here skews a bit older, so RAH only makes sense. I consider myself RAH at-heart, but to be honest, most of my new purchases this year have been modern-era. When I browse eBay listings, my eyes go towards RAH, but for whatever reason, the newer stuff is what gets my money. If there were newer RAH product available, I'd buy it, but at this point in my life, I'd say my vintage collection is more-or-less complete at the moment. If I never buy another vintage fig, it'd be hard for me to complain since it's already bigger than I ever intended for it to be anyways. If anything, I need to lay everything out and clear-out my doubles and reduce some of the Cobra fodder.

To take this poll a step further, I've been going through a lot of my 25th stuff to sell and focusing more on post-ROC stuff. Alot of the 25th stuff just looks horrible next to 30th stuff. I'm also swapping out gear more frequently on the newer figures. I'd say my last 10 figs are just simple kitbashes of headswaps and webgear.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:22 pm 

Well now you guys have me considering getting a Sharc 9000. I never considered it before.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:52 pm 

You should. It's a secret unknown gem.

"i love you, Lance Sputnik." (Joemichales70)

:lacespudneck: :mindbender:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:14 am 

I see new sculpt is as popular as it deserves to be.

That's harsh, but the era isn't aging well, physically or visually.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:16 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])