Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 10:27 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wave 3.5 found at TRU
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:13 am 

Got my order from BBTS yesterday.
Great wave indeed.
It's a shame that it's so hard to find, because many figures of this wave would make awesome army builders.
The cobra "ninja' trooper makes a great generic minion.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:15 pm 

Well, I just saw the Walmart reset in progress today. Little planograms all over the toy section.

NO -- repeat NO space allocated to G.I. Joe. Looks like these figures, from a retail standpoint, anyway, are TRU exclusives.

I just don't get this. I was under the impression that Hasbro delayed this wave in order to make more of them because they were selling well. What happened?

Obviously, I'm not the least bit optimistic about Wave 4 at this point, and any help in tracking down KWINN, ULTIMATE COBRA COMMANDER, and a DATA-VIPER or two on my behalf would be immensely appreciated.

I don't like to make predictions, especially grim ones, but -- while I can't imagine that Hasbro will let the 50th Anniversary in 2014 go by without something on the shelves, I think we've seen the last of G.I. Joe for a while, at least until Christmas at the earliest.

Frankly, it's pretty slim pickings out there for anything interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:41 pm 

GITrekker wrote:
Well, I just saw the Walmart reset in progress today. Little planograms all over the toy section.

NO -- repeat NO space allocated to G.I. Joe. Looks like these figures, from a retail standpoint, anyway, are TRU exclusives.

I just don't get this. I was under the impression that Hasbro delayed this wave in order to make more of them because they were selling well. What happened?
(snip...)

Did any Hasbro rep officially state wave 3 & 4 were delayed to increase production, or was that a working theory the forums were going with? I just find it curious that the after the movie was released, there was little new product available. And now the DVD release has passed and there wasn't any Joe product on the pegs to push any sales. From a marketing standpoint, this seems like a disaster. Supply chain management can't be this disfunctional. You can order an Apple laptop online and it'll come to you in less than a month directly from China.

I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for the Night-Landing release, since that didn't even show up at Comic-Con this year.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:54 pm 

I'm starting to doubt ill be able to get as many of these as I wanted to. I actually believed all the increased production hype so I only preordered one of each figure that I really wanted expecting to be able to buy them with ease at retail for customizing. Oops.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:55 pm 

kHAoS wrote:
I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for the Night-Landing release, since that didn't even show up at Comic-Con this year.

It didn't?????? viewtopic.php?f=51&t=38394 shows it was there.........

[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:00 pm 
Plug
Plug

kHAoS wrote:
GITrekker wrote:

(snip...)

Did any Hasbro rep officially state wave 3 & 4 were delayed to increase production, or was that a working theory the forums were going with? I just find it curious that the after the movie was released, there was little new product available. And now the DVD release has passed and there wasn't any Joe product on the pegs to push any sales. From a marketing standpoint, this seems like a disaster. Supply chain management can't be this disfunctional. You can order an Apple laptop online and it'll come to you in less than a month directly from China.

http://generalsjoes.com/2013/04/06/g-i- ... more-18250

GenaralsJoes Joe Con Hasbro panel recap wrote:
The results have driven Hasbro to greatly increase production for Wave 3 and 4 product, and placed those orders to their factories. As a result of the increased production requests, unfortunately the release of Wave 3 will be pushed back slightly from May, 2013 to late July or August, 2013.

The Night Landing Craft was always going to be a fall release. Half with cobra symbols and half without. That info also came from the Hasbro panel at Joe Con.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:04 pm 

roguetiger wrote:
kHAoS wrote:

It didn't?????? viewtopic.php?f=51&t=38394 shows it was there.........

Whoops...I stand corrected. When I passed by the Joe case at SDCC, there didn't seem to be a whole lot of new product. I guess all that bright yellow Retaliation packaging made everything blur together. I can stop holding my breath now :shifty:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:21 pm 

I'm sure Ross & TJX stores will have plenty of them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:50 pm 
Nanomite enhanced

pluv wrote:
The Night Landing Craft was always going to be a fall release. Half with cobra symbols and half without. That info also came from the Hasbro panel at Joe Con.

So, that means one will have the symbols, and one won't?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:21 pm 

Someone over at Jedi Temple Archives posted a pic of Walmarts new planogram which has Joes, but looks like some stores are dropping the line.

I checked 4 of 6 Wally's that completed the reset and 2 dropped Joe's and 2 kept them. The 2 that still have them are the 2 stores that never dropped MU. 2 pegs each for singles and Alpha vehicles so the NLC may pop up soon. Unfortunately one of the stores with Joes restocked today.....with a case of w1.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:48 pm 

I'm wondering how over produced the first bunch of figures really were.
It's surprising that they're still getting shipped in favor of the more movie accurate figures.

The lack of new products on the shelves to go with the DVD release is a pretty disturbing.
You'd think that the whole point of making a movie based on a toy franchise would be to move some toys.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:22 am 

slim19722 wrote:
Someone over at Jedi Temple Archives posted a pic of Walmarts new planogram which has Joes, but looks like some stores are dropping the line.

I checked 4 of 6 Wally's that completed the reset and 2 dropped Joe's and 2 kept them. The 2 that still have them are the 2 stores that never dropped MU. 2 pegs each for singles and Alpha vehicles so the NLC may pop up soon. Unfortunately one of the stores with Joes restocked today.....with a case of w1.

Dump all those wave one Joes at a WM that dropped them. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:57 am 
Thomas from Missourri

Goldbug wrote:
slim19722 wrote:

Dump all those wave one Joes at a WM that dropped them. :twisted:

In theory, you could buy out the whole Joe display at the recently restocked store, keep the receipt, and take it all back to one of the locations that dropped Joe. Wal-Mart pretty much has to refund your money, and maybe by the time you're through that customer service line, the store that is still getting Joes will have restocked some newer product?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:46 am 

Stopped by a Walmart yesterday that had sold all of their figures a couple of weeks ago. They restocked! With a case of wave one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:39 am 

I'm still waiting for my preorders to ship.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 10:27 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])