Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:30 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 379  Next
 Post subject: Re: What I got today...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:09 pm 

Tapper wrote:
Wowboy wrote:
I found all of wave 3.5 at TRU. Unfortunately, they were all in the arms of a fellow collector who beat me there.

:bawling: this makes me sad.

You know, it made me sad at first because I don't have a chrome faced CC and I wanted that figure, but the silver lining was that this guy was obviously a Joe fan and possibly a customizer. He passed over every other often scalped toyline and I heard him mention to the woman he was with that Duke and Flint would be good for fodder.

If he had been a scalper I would have been tempted to snatch CC from him. I wouldn't have done it of course, just tempted.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:23 pm 

Wowboy wrote:
Tapper wrote:
Wowboy wrote:
I found all of wave 3.5 at TRU. Unfortunately, they were all in the arms of a fellow collector who beat me there.

You know, it made me sad at first because I don't have a chrome faced CC and I wanted that figure, but the silver lining was that this guy was obviously a Joe fan and possibly a customizer. He passed over every other often scalped toyline and I heard him mention to the woman he was with that Duke and Flint would be good for fodder.

If he had been a scalper I would have been tempted to snatch CC from him. I wouldn't have done it of course, just tempted.

should have got his name and tried to set up a meet.. and go see some of his customs and invite him to the site...

[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:11 am 

It's been a big couple of days for me. I had ordered the Marvel Select Rhino and MU Mysterio from Amazon the other day. Had a ten dollar credit from preordering Saints Row IV and $5 in other rewards in my account, so I got them for $14 shipped. They arrived the other day and Rhino steals the show. Mysterio's torso is super loose, but still a nice figure.

Yesterday, I found the newest wave of Marvel Legends that I thought would never show up and picked up Wrecker, Black Panther, Jean Grey and Hawkeye. Also picked up the amphibious PTE vehicle from Big Lots.

As far as the MLs go, I'll be even happier if they can find a way to release Bulldozer to complete my Wrecking Crew. But, the two I've opened (Wrecker and Black Panther) are highlights that I've been looking forward to for a while.

Post subject: RE: What I Got Today.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:24 pm 

Well I've had a somewhat productive week and a half. In that time I've found DG wave 2 Storm Shadow (last one I needed) , the Aliens Attack 5 pack from Family Dollar, the Avengers Assemble Red Skull, some G.I. Joe comics for a dollar from a local comic shop (Hama-verse 181, Infestation2 issue 2, and Joecon 2 Crimson Viper/Commandos Heroica), and from the same comic shop I got four more of the Lantern rings (Green, Red, Blue, & White) which leaves me 4 to find (Orange, Indigo, Sapphire, & Black) for a complete set, and then I went back and bought a Red ring for my oldest son & a White for my youngest son.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:27 pm 

Got my new Mac computer along the Adobe Creative suite.
No way I'll encourage that Cloud subscription crap.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm 

Wowboy wrote:
Tapper wrote:
Wowboy wrote:

Too bad your not local. One of our TRUs still has another of that CC on the rack, along with SS, SE, Flint, Duke and Data. I have picked that store clean of the wave once and helped another guy get his figures from them. The other TRUs do not get them in often, but this store reorders each time we clean them out of the current figures (still has some old wave 1 behind the new figures).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:59 pm 

Redmao wrote:
Got my new Mac computer along the Adobe Creative suite.
No way I'll encourage that Cloud subscription crap.

It only makes sense for large businesses. It is utter foolishness to dump that kind of crap on individual users.

Yesterday I got DC Injustice Wonder Woman vs Grundy at Barnes & Noble for $24.95 before tax. They had quite a few DC Collectibles items to choose from. They also had Star Wars 6 inch figures and Marvel Select stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:12 pm 

Finally got ultimate duke and the combat ninja on sunday. Already moded duke to hold a weapon with both hands and got rid of his vest. Today I got a 25th Rock and Roll in the mail from Shakka85. Thanks man.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:02 pm 

My SDCC Crossover set just arrived. I have to admit, seeing them in person they are very cool. I don't think I would have ever paid ebay prices, but I think it was worth the $100 plus shipping.

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:35 pm 

NerdRageToys got in some of the Wave 2 Dollar Store Joes and I picked up 5 of the green Shipwreck for $5.50 a piece plus shipping. They arrived today. Now I feel comfortable starting on a project I had in mind for these.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:38 pm 

I got my ebay stuff. MOTU Classics Hordak, man at arms, Teela, moss man,trap jaw,merman,scare glow, beastman, grizzlor,an kobra khan....really like these

Post subject: RE: What I Got Today
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:59 am 

I found an Iron Man 2 Whiplash today for $4.99 at CVS. This was only the second time I had seen him in a retail store, the first was in a Black Friday 8pack (it also had the only Crossbones I had seen in the wild) back when I worked at Walmart.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:06 pm 
DarkJedi'd

Today was a good day.

I stopped at the new Dollar General that opened locally and snagged two more green Dukes and two blue Shipwrecks, along with these cheap knock-off 'Kung Fu', 'Samurai', and 'Ninja' figures. Grabbed a MARS Heroes 'Cybertronix' figure to use as an upgraded Overkill armor. Discovered that the small head I had in my fodder box was from this line from the red figure.

Stopped at Big Lots in Cortland and was sad to not find any of the 8 wheeled vehicles, but my smile turned around after finding 4 of the PTE locker/bed sets. Also grabbed some DVDs for myself and for possible presents: 'Hanky Panky' with Gene Wilder, 'Tequila Sunrise', 'Barb Wire', 'Man of the House' with Tommy Lee Jones, 'They Were Expendable', and 'Preacher's Kid'.

Nothing at Walgreens. :(

At the K-Mart in Syracuse I found 2 of the Star Wars Ewok Assault Catapult sets on sale. http://www.kmart.com/hasbro-star-wars-r ... 132590001P

Also grabbed a WWE DVD set, the "OMG! The Top 50 Incidents in WWE History" 3 disc set on sale.

Headed to Barnes and Noble. Couldn't find the new Star Wars Insider magazine. :(

Stopped at the Dollar General next to Harbor Freight and found one each of the green Shipwreck and the blue Cobra Trooper.

Headed next to Harbor Freight and got:

-two pairs of mechanics gloves (I use them when I put away our work delivery truck) for $3.59 each. http://www.harborfreight.com/mechanics- ... 60448.html

-polyester orange mesh reflective vest to keep in my car. http://www.harborfreight.com/reflective ... -3604.html

-Pittsburgh brand 12 foot by 1/2 inch tape measure (to replace my broken one) http://www.harborfreight.com/12-ft-x-12 ... 69097.html

-pair of water-resistant cold weather work gloves http://www.harborfreight.com/cold-weath ... 96612.html

Went to Ollies to use my coupon and got 15% off of:

-'US Air Force The New Century' book by Bob Archer. http://www.abebooks.com/Air-Force-New-C ... 4452377/bd "Follows the evolution of the US Air Force and looks at significant events and campaigns that have shaped its history. Extensive detail begins with the present day major commands and unit structure, and commands which were in place in 1947. Each is detailed including development,
unit assignments, serial batches, and an explanation of the role of each variant. A list of current tail codes is presented, along with command assignment, aircraft operated, and home base." $3.99

-'Obsessed with Star Trek' book http://amzn.com/B00BRAB6GY $5.99

-tru fit heavy knit cuffed hat (winter hat) $3.99

-set of three Maisto 'Sons of Anarchy' Harley Davidson motorcycles at $6.99 each. I think they will become Dreadnok bikes (or *stolen from the set*)

Then, my Mom took me to Texas Roadhouse for my Birthday dinner. I had the 11oz Sirloin with salad and potato. Shared some of the cheese fries. Very good steak.

EDIT: I forgot the paperbacks I got at Ollie's for $1.99 each minus 15%

-Wolverine Nature of the BEast
-Star Trek Typhon Pact
-Star Trek Enterprise The Romulan War
-Wonder Women (recent animated movie novelization
-To Be The Man Ric Flair

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:46 pm 

I got a couple of skinny bow ties in the mail from TieBar.com and at work we were given copies of a new book about the B-2 and the history of stealth technology, along with the same lapel pin that Lee Corso wears on ESPN.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:06 pm 

After about an hour on the phone with my life insurance folks, we went to pay the Target bill and saw the Alpha Flight gal on the peg and took her home. After the week I had, I took this as a pick~me~up. Great for a pair of Elven gal customs. Head for one body, the body, once stripped of the white paint, will be another Drow matron.

http://capolan.tripod.com/- Some Stuff.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 379  Next

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:30 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])