Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 1:21 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: GIJoe 3 talk
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:20 am 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

http://moviepilot.com/read/stories/1194 ... 2Cshare_fb

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: GIJoe 3 talk
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:30 am 
Formerly Levantine

I think Duke could easily be brought back. You could even explain anyway if it was a different actor by him having reconstructive surgery after being burned in the explosions from the Cobra attack.

That or bring in Falcon to replace him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:45 am 
LOVES Mattel

If this takes more inspiration from the comics, then General Hawk should return over Duke.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:05 pm 

I could see Duke's body be used as the surogate for Serpentor. Either that, or Duke's body thrown into the vat (a la Storm Shadow) and is magically resurrected.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:22 pm 

Or they could say Duke was captured by Cobra forces and they left his dog tags to throw the joes off to think everyone died...

[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:01 pm 

Or they could just have the balls to stand by their decision. Duke sucks. Movie Duke is no different. Keeping him dead will hopefully allow them to spread a little toyline attention to other characters for a bit. Killing Duke was a good thing, IMO.

"i love you, Lance Sputnik." (Joemichales70)

:lacespudneck: :mindbender:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:17 pm 

I want them to go completely off the rails. Ninja Force, Eco Warriors, Star Brigade, everyone in neon. Cobra La. Street Fighter characters show up. Orange Pimp Headman. Play-Doh armor. Every character's race and gender swapped. Snake Eyes, Duke, Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander all have 50 different costumes that change at random with no explanation. I want the screen writers to get together, snort a Tony Montana sized mountain of cocaine, and write the whole thing in one night. That's the Joe movie we both need and deserve.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:34 pm 
Formerly Levantine

Darko literally made me lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:23 am 
Formerly Suburbanator

Darko wrote:
I want them to go completely off the rails. Ninja Force, Eco Warriors, Star Brigade, everyone in neon. Cobra La. Street Fighter characters show up. Orange Pimp Headman. Play-Doh armor. Every character's race and gender swapped. Snake Eyes, Duke, Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander all have 50 different costumes that change at random with no explanation. I want the screen writers to get together, snort a Tony Montana sized mountain of cocaine, and write the whole thing in one night. That's the Joe movie we both need and deserve.

I wouldn't care what continuity it followed, the plot, the plot holes, who the actors were or what language they spoke. I would pay $50 for a ticket to watch this movie, just be-fraggin-cause

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:41 am 

Or they could bring back Duke without any explanantion whatsoever. Didn't Storm Shadow die in ROC and return in Retaliation without explanation? I haven't seen ROC in a while and only watched it once, but wasn't he stabbed or injured in some way and then fell into 30 degree water while a secret base was imploding and people in submarines were barely able to escape? I've seen enough Deadliest Catch to know he had about 5 minutes under those conditions to be removed from the water and placed in a warm dry place to prevent hypothermia, loss of consciosness, and drowning. Maybe I'm just a pessimist.

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:10 am 

Yeah, it was never explained how SS survived getting stabbed and falling (shirtless) into the depths of the arctic ocean. It's not like he fell into it at the top and could quickly climb out, he was hundreds of feet below the surface. He would have drowned and froze before could swim to the surface.

And even if he managed to find an air pocket in the underground base, he would have died from freezing.

If "the nanomites saved him" is the excuse, that they healed him, then why did he need to go to the mountain temple and the healer there? Wouldn't the nanomites heal his burns?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:35 pm 

Troynos wrote:
Yeah, it was never explained how SS survived getting stabbed and falling (shirtless) into the depths of the arctic ocean. It's not like he fell into it at the top and could quickly climb out, he was hundreds of feet below the surface. He would have drowned and froze before could swim to the surface.

And even if he managed to find an air pocket in the underground base, he would have died from freezing.

If "the nanomites saved him" is the excuse, that they healed him, then why did he need to go to the mountain temple and the healer there? Wouldn't the nanomites heal his burns?

He's tough. That's all the explanation I need.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:40 pm 

Darko wrote:

If it's not going to go for a little more serious, I think it should go full out crazy pants.

I love the idea of costumes changing not just from scene from scene, but from cut to cut. Conversation between two characters, and every time the camera moves from one to the other they're wearing a new uniform.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:00 pm 
DarkJedi'd

They show a flashback with Cobra Eels swimming up to a floating body under the destroyed base. They carry Storm Shadow to a waiting mini-sub and place him in a tank.

Storm Shadow survives using the Sleeping Phoenix. Cobra implants a false memory and when Storm Shadow wakes up, he finds himself looking in the mirror and seeing Sgt Savage...

[and the monkeys stand up from their typewriters and start clapping themselves on the back]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:46 pm 
Plug
Plug

DarkJedi wrote:
They show a flashback with Cobra Eels swimming up to a floating body under the destroyed base. They carry Storm Shadow to a waiting mini-sub and place him in a tank.

Storm Shadow survives using the Sleeping Phoenix...
Ya know, Dr Mindbender from Rise of Cobra was in the same bunker as Rex was. Cobra Commander was a scientist in Rise of Cobra. Maybe he had an assistant on the ice station, like say Mindbender, who may have pulled Storm Shadow out of the water as he was escaping. I bet that would be helpful for his cloning project.

Nah, that would never work. It sounds too much like a comic book I read once. :twisted:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 1:21 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])